MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Frappe

I’ve never been a big fan of Frappes as I prefer my coffee hot. However, I saw this recipe for a Pumpkin Pie Frappe and knew I had to try it.

It didn’t disappoint. I changed a few things — as is to be expected of me! 🙂 I swapped whole milk for the coconut milk, raw sugar for the Stevia, and just threw in a lot of ice instead of actually freezing the coffee.

The end result was delicious — as pronounced by every family member at dinner tonight when I served it as a special treat. 🙂

10 Comments

• Davonne says:

That looks delicious! I can’t wait to make some of these pumpkin recipes 🙂

• Shelly says:

Ok, I don’t like coffee at all but this looks and sounds good. I will have to add it to my recipes to try list.

• You are right, this is a really yummy recipe. I tried it recently dairy-free and mmm! But then in my simplifying ways, I ended up making pumpkin iced lattes instead of blended iced fraps…that means no blender to clean. 😉 And it’s pretty good that way too.

At one point I started forgetting the pumpkin puree and just doing pumpkin pie spice. So if you are in a pinch with no pumpkin, just spice can be used. 🙂

• Erin says:

Did you make a coffee free version for the kids? I don’t care for frappes, either, but your picture is *awesome* (better than the original blogger’s post!) and I may just have to try this!

• Crystal says:

Actually not… whoops, did I just admit that out loud?!? Yes, I might not win greatest mom of the year award (I gave up on that a long time ago though!!), but we let our children have coffee sometimes provided it’s about half milk/half coffee. 🙂

• Crystal says:

Oh and thanks for your kind words on the photo… I’m not a big fan of food photos taken without natural lighting, but sometimes that’s all you’re able to get when you make something at 7 p.m. and it’s Fall. 🙂

• Whitney says:

Crystal – I’ll give you an even easier recipe – just use the pumpkin latte mix you posted last week. I made pumpkin creme frappes for the kids using about a cup of the mix, two cups of milk and a cup of ice in the Vitamix for 30 seconds. I also added a little extra sugar (about 1/4 cup) though it likely would have been fine without. If you wanted to do a coffee version, just substitute strong cold coffee for half or all of the milk.

• Keep those pumpkin recipes coming! I’m loving them.

• Robin says:

I’m eager to try yours…I tried this recipe as written and did not like it at all! But I am going to try it with milk and sugar…how can it be bad-tasting with milk and sugar?
    Thanks.