MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Homemade Chicken Salsa Pockets

Freezer-Friendly Chicken Salsa Pockets

I concocted these the other night and they ended up being a huge hit with everyone in our family. They were gone in a flash and I had to make more since Jesse was wondering what happened to them the next day!

If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my similar Homemade Pizza Pockets recipe. Those are fantastic, too!

Are you joining us for Lunchbox Freezer Cooking? If you’ve blogged about a lunchbox recipes you’ve made for your freezer, leave a link to your post and recipe below. I can’t wait to see your yummy recipes and ideas!

25 Comments

• Anna says:

These look very yummy! I made some desserts to go with lunch :). I made the energy bites and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

I hope you do some holiday freezer cooking challenges. I would like to fill my freezer for the holidays!

• Kim says:

Hey, the salsa in your picture is from Vermont, where I am–that salsa is great. Not cheap though, maybe it’s cheaper there :o) Thanks for the idea as to what to do with my left over chicken that I’ll have tomorrow night!

• jclabough says:

Do you let the dough rise at all?

• Shelly says:

The Chicken Salsa Pockets look really yummy and I know they would be a big hit at our house too. I will be making these soon.

I made some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins. Only thing is I did not have a cake mix so I made up my own then I realized all I had was canned butternut squash not pumpkin. But they turned out so good. I love it when a recipe turns out even when you have to change it up a bit.

• Rebekah Williams says:

YUM! (Editorial note: you left “pizza” in the “To serve” section) 😉

I just made the little lasagnas tonight, I left out the ricotta since I didn’t want to pay for it and I filled them with pepperonis, so they ended up more like pizzas than lasagnas. But delicious! We’ll see how they do thawed!

• Crystal says:

I *knew* I was going to do that! And I even double-checked! 😉 Thanks so much for pointing it out so I could fix it. Lasagna cups are planned for tomorrow — unless I change my mind and make Corn Dog Muffins. 🙂

• Rebekah Williams says:

Mmm! You know, I have a ton of leftover chili verde in the fridge and I think I’m inspired to make them into pockets tonight!

• Bethany says:

Do they really bake at 500? I don’t think I’ve ever set a temp that high, so I just wanted to double check. These look good enough for me to make another attempt at overcoming my chronic yeast failure. 🙂

• Becky says:

Do you use all purpose flour or bread flour? I can’t ever get my pizza pockets quite right. I want thin crust, not a big, fluffy dinner roll with a dab of filling inside, which is what they always turn into. Yours look great, though, so I think I’ll try your crust recipe instead of my regular bread recipe.

• Jenny says:

This is a pathetic question, but is there any way to make these using some type of refrigerated dough or canned biscuits you can buy at the store? I like the idea of making pocket sandwiches, but I hate the idea of making my own dough. Maybe crescent rolls or something?

• Crystal says:

For these, I’d suggest using refrigerated pizza dough. I’ve also heard you can buy really yummy freshly-made pizza dough very inexpensively from Costco or Sam’s Club (I think it’s at the bakery?)

• Chesley says:

I love all your tips. My mom and I have a new blog that we featured you on, because you are one of my favorites to read everyday. Please take a look, I’d love to know what you think.

• Laura says:

Thanks for including dough recipes that don’t take 2 hours to rise, need to be punched down and rise again for another 1/2 hrs. I only do those for Thanksgiving or Christmas! 🙂

• holly says:

Is the temp correct, it says cook at 500*, I want to make sure before I make these.

• mirna says:

What is the name of the salsa that you use for the chicken pockets?

• Diana says:

I just made these and they were great! I used half whole wheat flour and the dough still turned out terrific–nice and fluffy and it didn’t need to rise. Thanks!

• Tanya says:

I tried these for dinner tonight, and they were GREAT! Thanks for the recipe! I even have left overs to send with my husband for his lunch tomorrow. 🙂

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy