Welcome to my 14-day series on our East Coast Road Trip where I share our adventures along the way, how we’re doing this on a budget, honest reviews of attractions & restaurants we visit, and money-saving tips and ideas. If you missed it, read Day 1 here, Day 2 here, Day 3 here, Day 4 here, Day 5 here, Day 6 here, Day 7 here, Day 8 here, and Day 9 here.
Day 10 on our road trip was a laid-back, quiet travel day. And after a few go-go-go days, it was just what we all needed, especially the 4 of us who are introverts! (Yes, can you believe that it appears Silas is the only extrovert in our family??!!)
The morning began with swimming and hanging out at the hotel and then we packed up and headed for Pennsylvania.
We made a pit stop at two different travel centers along the way. One had a farmer’s market stand where I found fresh whole wheat bread (it was $7/loaf, which is almost 5 times what I usually pay!! But I was out of the bread I had brought and I usually eat 3-4 slices of whole wheat bread every day, so I coughed up the money and bought it.)
We also got $0.50 frosty’s for the kids at the Wendy’s at the other travel center (that’s much more my kind of price range!)
We started reading the sequel to The Upstairs Room aloud today called The Journey Back, which we’re all excited to dive into as we loved the first book! (Note: Just like the first book, I’m editing it as there is some crass language.)
And I finished reading Who Thought This Was a Good Idea? (I really enjoyed this book and the fascinating look that it gives at what it’s like to work for the President, but it comes with a huge crass language warning.) and started reading What Falls From the Sky (I think it’s going to be an inspiring read!)
We made it to Harrisburg around 7 pm and enjoyed a completely laid-back evening at the hotel! Basically, today fed my introverted soul and I’m ready to hit the ground running again for the last five days of our trip!
Tomorrow: exploring Harrisburg, PA and then driving to Pittsburgh in the late afternoon/early evening.
…To be continued
Other posts in the 14-Day East Coast Frugal Road Trip series
- How We Simplified Our Packing for Our 14-Day Road Trip
- East Coast Road Trip: Blacksburg, VA to Alexandria, VA (Frugal Family Fun)
- East Coast Road Trip: Old Town Alexandria & Downtown D.C.
- East Coast Road Trip: Exploring DC (Newseum, Madame Tussauds, PRET, A Capitol 4th)
- East Coast Road Trip: Exploring D.C. (Holocaust Museum, Newseum, Chopt, & Arlington Cemetery)
- East Coast Road Trip: Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey (+ yikes! The tolls!)
- East Coast Road Trip: New York City!
- East Coast Road Trip: Headed to Boston (Connecticut, Rhode Island, Cape Cod, Plymouth)
- East Coast Road Trip: A Day in Boston!
- East Coast Road Trip: Traveling to Pennsylvania
- East Coast Road Trip: Hershey, Pennsylvania
- East Coast Road Trip: A Day in Pittsburgh
- East Coast Road Trip: Exploring Cincinnati
- East Coast Road Trip: Our Last Day!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!