January was, overall, SUCH a great month. I feel much more focused this year because of setting fewer personal, family, and business goals and just sticking with a few priorities that we feel like will make the biggest difference.
It was so encouraging for me to review my progress in January!
My 12 Goals for 2015
- Read 1 book per month on marriage.
- Read in January: 52 Ways to Wow Your Husband
- Write at least 1 love note to Jesse each week.
- Done in January
- Read at least 1 book aloud to the kids per month.
- Read in January: James the the Giant Peach
- Write 1 love note to each child every month.
- Done in January.
- Complete all She Reads Truth 2015 Bible Studies + memory work.
- Done in January — I absolutely loved the John study & am so excited for the Esther study that started today!
- Read 1 fiction book per month.
- Read in January: What Alice Forgot
- Hire a local personal assistant.
- We spent January spreading the word about the position and conducting interviews. We’ve almost narrowed it down to our final candidate and I hope to be making this hire in the next 2-3 weeks. Yay!!
- Launch 2 courses (we’re planning one for spring and one for fall — stay tuned!)
- We made some major progress on our first course in January thanks to the help of an amazing long-time reader, Allison, who I’ve hired to help me write, organize, and compile the content. We’re scheduled to shoot all the video for it in March.
- Launch our new product line (slated to soft launch in the summer).
- Release my third book (slated to come out November 2015).
- I finished up the in-depth content edits from my editor today & am so thrilled at how it’s coming together!
- Increase last year’s overall giving totals by 10% in 2015.
- Part of my going to South Africa was to investigate the possibility of our family personally supporting the work of Take Action. After coming home, we both felt this was the direction we were supposed to take and our partnership with them will allow us to meet this goal. We’re so thrilled with what God is doing there in South Africa and, for those who have asked, I’m excited to share more next week of how you can be involved, too.
- Finish funding our Rental House #3 Savings Account (we’re beginning the year at 35% funded).
- This goal is currently on hold while we’re in the process of saving up enough to fully fund both of our IRA’s for this year.
How are you doing on YOUR goals for 2015?
If you set goals for this year, I’d love to hear how you are doing on them! Leave a comment telling us about your progress on them or leave the link over to your blog post about them. Here’s to a year of living with purpose, intentional, impact, and meaning!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!