Gretchen’s $34 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan

1 pkg Celery – $1.19

1 pkg Rice Cakes – $1.29

1 pkg Blueberries – $1.49

Total (with tax): $16.36

DSC_0010

Walmart

I rarely shop at Walmart but couldn’t resist the price of these fabric softeners.

2 Final Touch Fabric Softeners – $2.48 each, used 2 $2/1 printable (no longer available) - $0.48 each after coupons

Total with tax ($0.06): $1.02

DSC_0009
Dillons

Items a part of the Mega Sale:

2 Breyers Ice Cream – $2.99 each, used 2 $1.50/1 printable (no longer available) – $1.49 each after coupons

4 Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta – $0.49 each, used 2 $1/2 printable - Free after coupons

4 Hefty Storage Bags – $0.99 each, used 2 $1/2 printable - $0.49 each after coupon

2 Kraft Cheese – $2.29, used $2/2 catalina coupon – $1.29 each after coupon

Other Items:

1 Lettuce – $0.99

2 lbs Ground Beef – $1.99 each

1 Green Pepper – $0.99

1.53 lbs Bananas @ $0.59/lb – $0.90

0.67 lbs Broccoli @ $1.59/lb – $1.07

Total before coupons and sales: $46.66

Total with tax ($1.75) after coupons and sales: $17.16

Total for all items: $34.54

Menu Plan for this Week

Breakfasts

Cereal, Toast, Smoothies, French Toast Roll-Ups (Don’t these look amazing?!? I saw the recipe on Pinterest and knew immediately I had to try it.)

Lunches

Peanut Butter & Jelly on Rice Cakes, Tuna Sandwiches, Tossed Salad, Fruit/Veggies/Cheese, Baked Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli

Dinners

Salad Bar, Sliced Cantaloupe

Hamburgers (My parents gave us a huge box of frozen hamburger patties last week!), Homemade French Fries, Green Beans, Grapes

Savory Crescent Chicken Pockets, Tossed Salad

Grilled Pizza, Steamed Broccoli

Meat Potato Quiche, Biscuits, Fruit Salad

Pancakes, Eggs, Sliced Cantaloupe

Double Date Night with our friends :)

Comments

1. K says

I have some Hefty ziplocks that I can’t seem to close. Is there a trick to closing these. Just zipping them didn’t work. Pinching the zipper together & then sliding the zipper hasn’t worked on several of them. Maybe I have defective bags. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

• Roma says

They might be defective so you might want to call the company and talk with them. They will probably replace them by mailing you a coupon for a free box.

2. Amie says

I made the quiche a while back and it was a HUGE hit. I just used what I had on hand… cheddar cheese and ground turkey that I just browned with onions and peppers and seasoned to taste like sausage. I have got to make it again – probably this week.

I love that you spend so little and are able to make it work. I am trying to spend less this week (I usually average $65-$75) and mostly eat from the pantry while stocking up on some great deals. My plan is:
    CVS: 4 Pampers diapers and a $10 gas card for $36 – 4x$2 coupons and $13.50 in CVS coupons and bonus ECBs = $14.50
    Walgreens: Contact Solution $7.99-$2 coupon & $2 RR =$3.99, get 5000 points (I will buy a small clearance filler item).
    Kroger: milk, 8 dozen eggs, sweet potatoes, bananas, grapes, 2 Horizon Mac & Cheese, 4 Mars Bites, 2 Doritos
    I estimate that this will be around $45 pre-tax. My meals will be pretty simple with my husband out of town. Every meal will stretch to 2 meals. I will also use my 3 $10 CVS gas cards this week.

3. Julie says

If I didn’t have tonight’s dinner already planned out, the French Toast Roll-Ups would be on tonight’s Menu !! Thanks for posting.

• Cheryl says

I have made the French toast roll ups twice. They are great! Very versatile, cheap and easy. They were a huge hit with my kids! Definitely worth a try:)

4. Traci says

Love it!!! Fyi aldis here has pints of blueberries for 99 cents!!!!! I bought 15 today and freeze them. We usually pick them at a huge local farm but this is cheaper than that. I an going back to get more. Also had 99 cent pineapples and other deals. Organic bananas, carrots and tomatoes too!