This Week’s Menu Plan + Freezer Cooking in an Hour Plan

Build Your Own Haystacks

Breakfasts

Oatmeal, Cereal, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Mac & cheese, fruit
Snack-y lunch {veggies, cheese, yogurt, fruit, crackers, etc.}
PB&J, carrot sticks, apples

Homemade Pizza, veggies, fruit
Slow Cooker Southwest Soup, Homemade Soft Pretzels, fruit
Breakfast for Dinner: Pancakes from the Freezer, scrambled eggs, fruit
Build Your Own Haystacks, fruit
Ham & Cheese Pockets, Fruit
Dinner at our church’s Valentine’s Banquet
Dinner out (We’re going to Oklahoma City as a family for a fun getaway trip and are planning to use our gift card to The Cheesecake Factory that we got as a Christmas gift one of the nights!}

What’s on your menu this week? Tell us in the comments or leave a link to your menu plan post.

Comments

1. Mary J says

Welcome to Oklahoma City! We will have nice weather this weekend! Hope you all have a great trip!

I made you ham and cheese pockets this week and we loved them! I posted about it and linked back, or course.;) have you made pizza pockets??? So good!

Yum! We are having heart shaped pizza on Friday and homemade ice cream. Had a Thai Soup and Asian noodle dish this weekend that were really good as well.

I am getting better at following my menu plan now that I put days in mine. I use to write mine like yours and it wasn’t working for me. When I write it specific things for days it clicks. I am weird. Thank you SO MUCH for posting your menus etc each week. That is one of the things I do weekly because I look forward to seeing yours.

Here is a link to my menu this week http://mixingwithmichelle.blogspot.com/

5. Jennifer says

I lived in OKC up until awhile ago :) LOVE the Cheesecake Factory. I recommend the mango key lime cheesecake, and pretty much anything else on their menu :) A fun coffeeshop to visit is Cuppies and Joe btw :) Have fun!

6. Matti says

Hi Crystal!
    I see that part or your lunch menu each week consists of Mac and Cheese, which my kids totally love too! Do you have a great, quick lunch day recipe for Mac and Cheese that you could share? I keep experimenting and am trying to find one that I could use w/ some veggies for lunch instead of a more labor intensive dinner one. Also, any healthier tweaks you throw in?

Thanks a lot for the inspiration! I love the cinnamon swirl bread and just made a batch this weekend. We love it for toast in the morning :)

• Matti says

Thanks Crystal!
        We’re big fans of Annie’s too :)
        Sometimes I’ll sub whole wheat pasta for the noodles and just use the flavoring packet on them. Then I save the noodles for a soup or something.
        When I experiment, I never seem to get the same thing twice :)

I love your meal plans. They give me some good ideas to work with. That bread looks amazing though. I just might have to try that one today.

8. Nicole says

I have a few questions for anyone who can answer. I’m planning on putting the slow cooker southwest soup on my menu plan this week and I just bagged up 2 cups of chicken (from a whole chicken we had tonight) for the soup. Has anyone ever just put already cooked cubed or cooked chicken in this? Or does it not taste right unless the chicken is actually cooked with the soup? This soup will work out well for my menu plan this week as I plan to stretch this whole chicken (bought for about $3 on sale at aldi!) to 5 meals!: Whole chicken, soup 2 nights, chicken n a biscuit two nights. :) Also my cinnamon bread did NOT turn out..it was crusty and hard on the outside and partially uncooked on the inside :( any tips? Also my granola bars were a flop..they didnt stick together correctly…we are using it as “cereal” lol