Get $176 in Free Bonuses From Capital One!

Could you use an extra $176 in cash right now? Well, I’ve got exciting news for you! You can get $176 in bonuses this weekend only with this special offer from Capital One. You’ll want to jump on this while you can!

Here’s how to get $176 in bonuses:

#1. Open a Savings Account and get $76 in Bonuses

::Open a no-fee 360 Savings® account between June 30 and July 3, 2014.

::Deposit a minimum of $500.

::Get a free $76 bonus after 30 days. You can close your account or leave your money in there and earn interest on it.

Sign up for you $76 free bonus here.

(Note: If you plan to do both offers, be sure to open the Savings Account first, then the Checking Account.)

#2. Open a New Checking Account and get $100 in Bonuses

::Open a fee-free 360 Checking® account between June 30 and July 3, 2014.

::Use your Debit Card to make 5 purchases or use CheckMateSM to make 5 remote check deposits (or a combination of both) within 45 days of opening your account.

::On day 50, a $100 bonus will be added to your account. You can close your account or leave your money in there and earn interest on it.

There is no minimum purchase required, so you could make 5 small purchases to qualify. Sign up for your $100 bonus here.

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Comments

1. Mary says

FLASH UPDATE!
    To get the rewards for both the checking account and savings account you have to do the SAVINGS account set up first. That isn’t clear from the website and I set up the checking account first and had to call in to get help with the savings account. They are working on a fix for it, but for now if you are going for both the savings and checking account bonus, do the savings account first. Hopefully they will get an exception made for those of of who think setting up a checking account first makes sense!

2. Cleveland says

I actually signed up for the checking acount earlier today, doing this first.
    Is there a way I can still sign up for the savings account?

Hopeful in Cleveland

3. Vicky says

Thank-you for posting this, my son started a saving account and we have been looking for a checking account, he had to drop out of college because his car broke down and now he is saving for a newer one so this will help a lot!!

4. Doug says

I have done this in past years. Do you know if this is just for new customers? Or can anyone open an account and get this deal?

5. Kathy says

Hi, thanks for posting.I have never done banking sign up without going into a brick and mortar bank. Questions: does the debit card come by mail automatically when you sign up and what is the minimum deposit to sign up for checking? How do you make deposits? Thank you.

• Lynn says

Hi, Yes they mail you your debit card. No minimum, just have to make the 5 transactions within the first 45 days. You can make a transfer of money from your regular bank, mobile deposits, take a picture of your check or even upload a picture of the check from your computer to deposit. Use the ATM to make deposits. Allpoint atms Costco , Target, CVS , 7 – 11, gas stations. They have a locator on their site. No overdraft fees. Free ATMs. Their interest rates beat my banks. 0.20% for checking and 0.75% for savings. I have used them for quite a while never any problems, never a surprise fee, Always a live person to help with questions.

6. Maggie says

Hi,
    I am planning on signing up for both the offers – Savings & checking. Can I close the accounts as soon as the bonus gets credited into my account?

7. Kim says

Is there any stipulation on how long we have to leave that $500 in the savings in order to be eligible for the $75?

• Mary says

According to the bank website it looks like you have to leave it for 30 days during which it earns interest.
      From the bank website-”The nitty gritty:
      This has to be your first 360 Savings account (including Orange Savings Accounts).
      The bonus starts earning interest on day one, but you can’t take it out for at least 30 days.
      The variable Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is 0.75%, effective 11/30/2013.”

8. Lauren says

Have any of you done this and can verify that it does work?? I of course could use the extra money but am just nervous to sign up because it almost seems to good to be true?

9. Jo Anne Tingle says

Got an OK, but it’s still waiting on my bank to verify the “external acct.” stuff. If that doesn’t go through before midnight tonight, will it still work? Any idea?

10. Diana Foster says

I signed up for the Savings account first. Then when I tried to sign up for checking, it told me that I would not be eligible for the bonus unless I added a new user to my checking account which would make it a joint account. I sent them an email to question this. Has anyone else had that issue? If so, did they resolve it?

11. Miranda says

Can two people living in the same household open up seperate accounts so that each can get the $200 bonus? Thanks!

12. Anna says

Any suggestions on what to do if you don’t have a ‘credit score’? My husband and I don’t use or have any credit cards, just the debit/credit cards that are linked to our checking accounts, and when I tried to sign up for the checking account (after setting up the savings account first) we were both denied b/c we have no credit score. Penalized for never having had any debt or using credit :-/ I’ve never been able to sign up for store credit cards either (like Kohl’s or Target) to take advantage of the extra % off offered b/c of not having a ‘credit score’.

• Paula says

RE: TARGET red card ie extra 5% off

You can get either a Target credit or a debit card to gain access to the extra 5% off. Unlike the Target credit card, a credit score is not required for the Target debit card. You can go into the Target store and ask about the target debit card application process. It is linked to your checking account. You get a Target debit card and secured pin access code. It’s a pretty simple process in store. I think all you require is a blank/voided check. The target debit card is mailed to you a few days after. You should also be able to apply online for the Target debit card but we just carried our check in store and a cashier passed it through a machine to process. No forms if I remember correctly. Hope that helps. Check Target in store. Go armed with all your questions. Come out smiling :)

13. Tracy says

CapitalOne360 used to be INGDirect. I did this deal last year and totally love the bank. It’s legit. You could buy 5 cups of coffee and still get the bonus. I called to ask about that last year and they confirmed that there was absolutely no purchase minimum. I laughed with the rep and said I could buy 5 different .35 cent packs of wrigley’s gum and get the bonus? He said, yes m’am, as long as there are 5 different separate transactions. I bought cups of coffee 5 times with the card and received the bonus. Very happy.

14. Heather says

Tried this last year and had serious problems with what was ING Direct. Terrible experience.

15. Lisa says

Looks like the deal is dead. I’m in CST and it’s 10:37 p.m. – all the links click to a page which only offers a $50 bonus for checking – not $125, and no savings account bonus. :((((