Freezer Cooking in an Hour: Taco Meat & Pumpkin Waffles

10214221946_bbf1811749

I did a sort of mini Freezer Cooking session this week, because I was a little strapped for time between homeschooling, training a team member for a new position, and prepping for a big week with three different conferences this coming week.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

I made a big batch of Taco Meat for the freezer. See how I make this here, if you missed that post.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

And I also made Pumpkin Waffles. Notice anything weird-looking about the batter above? I almost forgot to put the pumpkin in and right after I took the picture I realized my mistake.

Yes, I’m all organized like that… trying to make Pumpkin Waffles sans pumpkin! :) Gratefully, I caught it right before I started cooking them because I thought the batter looked a little too dry.

I didn’t get any pictures of the finished waffles, because none of them made it to the freezer. :) They were delicious… although I don’t want to know what the calorie count is since they have 3/4 cups of butter in them and they don’t make very many. Just don’t tell me, okay?! :)

10237733076_b28644c6e3

In other news from this past week, I had to share these beautiful flowers Jesse gave me. Just because. I love that man!

10237830624_6c91e4f28a

And I also had to share this picture of Kaitlynn because it just so perfectly captures everything about her personality. Seeing the unique individuality of each of my children blossom is such a beautiful thing to watch.

How was your week? Did you do any freezer cooking? If so, I’d love to hear about it!

Comments

I have had a fantastic week. My son joined the Army in June and just graduated Basic Training. He got to come home for 10 days but will leave again on Monday. I’m not sure that I will ever get used to saying goodbye to him. :( However, I am learning to truly treasure each moment that I am able to spend with him and not take a second of it for granted.

• Guest says

Angie, brave men (like your son) and women continue to safeguard our freedom. I don’t know how they do it and I don’t know how their families deal with it but I am incredibly grateful to all of you for the service to others. I just said a prayer for you and your son. God bless you both.

• sona says

PLease thank you son for us. We remain so grateful to those young people who strive to protect our freedoms here and around the world. May God bless him and bring him home safely.

2. Becky G says

I am craving pumpkin pancakes or waffles. Perhaps I will give these a try :)

The flowers Jesse gave you are beautiful! And the picture of your daughter brought a smile to my face. It screams out cuteness!! :)

3. Guest says

Those pumpkin waffles are delicious! I made them early this morning and we all loved them. They were somewhat time intensive so not sure we’d have them that often. They would be great for the holidays, though!

Thanks for sharing. Oh, and lovely flowers from Jesse – so sweet!

• Guest says

Forgot to mention…there must be something in the air this weekend because I kept thinking, gosh, these are really dry. Was folding in the whipped egg whites when I realized I left the butter in the microwave (to soften it)! Still turned out great, though!

4. Kimberly says

I didn’t really get anything done this past week for freezer cooking, my grandmother passed away last Mon. so there was not much time or desire for cooking (or need, so many generous people provided food for our extended family throughout the week). Today I’ve got crock pot apple sauce cooking on the porch and banana cake just came out of the oven. I may make some bread as well.