6 Goals for this week

Last week’s goals:

Family/Marriage/Mothering Goals

1. Read 3 chapters of The Borrowers to the children. Read 3 chapters of Viking Adventure with Kathrynne, read three chapters of Hugh Pine with Kaitlynn, read a few picture books with Silas.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

Personal Goals

3. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-20.

4. Exercise six times. Run 10 miles total.

5. Finish The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Hidden Places, Crazy Busy, and Seasons of a Mother’s Heart.

Homemaking Goals

6. Work for 30 minutes on my embroidery project.

This week’s goals:

Family/Marriage/Mothering Goals

1. Read 3 chapters of The Borrowers to the children. Finish reading Viking Adventure with Kathrynne. Finish reading Hugh Pine with Kaitlynn. Read a few picture books with Silas.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

Personal Goals

3. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-21.

4. Exercise six times. Run 10 miles total.

5. Finish Hidden Places, Almost Amish, The Great Gatsby, Grace, Gold, and Glory, A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet, and Seasons of a Mother’s Heart.

Homemaking Goals

6. Work for 30 minutes on my embroidery project.

How did you do on last week’s goals? What are your goals for this week? I’d love to have you share your progress on last week’s goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you’ve blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let’s cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives!

You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.

Comments

I’ve begun taking a “page from your book”… I’m reading two books at once. I leave one on the chair where I nurse and one by my bed. I think I might get into this whole multi-booking thing! lol

You have inspired me to read more. I’m currently working on three books and I find I do read more than I would if I was just reding one book at a time. I’m a little slower at finishing a book but that is fine with me.

Looks like you did great with your goals last week. I hope you have a great week this week too.

It is really amazing. When I used to just be reading one book at a time I might not pick it up for a day or two because I just wouldn’t be in the mood to read it. Now with three books I usually will be in the mood to at least read one of them.

That’s how we approach our homeschool read a loud time too. Reading what we are interested in for that day.

Thanks so much — I missed getting to blog here much, too. But it was a very welcome break and I feel so refreshed!

I’ve been doing it when I’m at our family’s houses on the weekends, when we’re having our family Bible/reading time at night, or when I have friends over, etc. So it’s not adding anything extra to my schedule, just allowing me to keep my hands busy when my head is engaged in listening or participating in a discussion. :)

3. Anne says

I want to thank you again for your example of weekly goal setting. Setting weekly goals has helped me live more intentionally as a new stay-at-home mom. Without the structure of going to work, I felt kind of lost my first few weeks until I came upon your goal setting posts.