6 Companies That Will Pay You for Taking Online Surveys

I updated this list with some new sign-up links!

Looking for something to do to earn a little extra side income or gift cards? You won’t get rich taking surveys, but they are a nice way to earn a little extra income on the side. This is something I enjoyed doing when Jesse was in law school, I had a lot of free time on my hands, and we had little money.

If you’re looking for legitimate survey companies to sign up with, here are a few to check out:

Pinecone Research: This is my personal favorite survey site. They pay $3 promptly for every survey completed. Go here and sign up to see if you qualify.

My Survey: Another survey company I’ve used and earned money from. You can redeem your points earned for cash or prizes and every 1000 points equals $10. Go here to sign up.

MyPoints: This is a site that rewards you points for online activity such as reading emails, taking surveys and signing up for offers. When I was participating in this, I mostly just read the emails and clicked on the links and slowly accumulated points. You won’t get rich quickly doing this, but you can earn enough points by reading emails to get free gift cards each year. We paid for our few and far between law school date nights mostly with gift cards I earned through MyPoints. Go here to sign up.

SurveySpot: This company pays up to $5 per survey and you can request payout when you have earned $5. So therefore, it’s not hard at all to earn enough to get a check. Go here to sign up.

iPoll: Pays in point rewards for every completed survey. You can cash these in for instant win opportunities, sweepstakes, or cash. There are also opportunities to do free product testing. Go here to sign up.

Toluna: When you sign up for Toluna, you will receive 500 points to welcome you to the site. When you have earned at least 60,000 points, you may redeem your points for a cash reward. Go here to sign up with Tulona.

What are your favorite legitimate survey companies? Tell us in the comments!

photo credit

Comments

Toluna is new to me! Thanks for sharing, I thought I knew them all.

My fave is Survey Savvy. I’ve been with them since 2002 or 2003? This is the sign-up link Yes it’s a referral link, you can use it, or not :) I’d refer them regardless of the link.
    I’ve always gotten paid, and the minimum to get paid is $1.00 I think?
    What I like about them is they also run focus groups in the San Diego area. I signed up to receive phone calls and get them. I have little ones at home so it doesn’t quite work out for me to attend right now, but they do pay well. They were looking for adult men once to attend a focus group about food, and I shared the info with a friend’s husband who was out of work and made $80 in 2 hours with them at the focus group.

I like the surveys in InboxDollars. I just wish I qualified for more of them. But then, I don’t fit the typical demographic most surveys need anyway. Once I have a baby, I’ll probably qualify for more. Still, I do get 2 cents for each email I read. I’ve already gotten 1 check this year.

3. cheri says

I tried one survey company (don’t remember now which) they sent a reasonable amount of them my way, but I never qualified to take the entire survey…either I had to answer that someone in the household was gluten free or that I didn’t have senior pets or some other random question, and it would kick me out and tell me thanks, but you don’t qualify….got discouraged and gave up :(

4. joyce says

i love myview, because you get 100 points even if you don’t qualify for the survey. most surveys aren’t very long. i just cashed in for a $25 target gift card! i did mysurvey for a very long time, but finally gave it up because the structure changed and it wasn’t nearly as profitable as it used to be.

5. Kathy says

I have a check on the way from inbox dollars. I enjoy the variety of activities you can do to earn cash. My current payout is $40 minus a few cents and I think I have been with them about 4-6 months. In fairness, I don’t do a ton of activities so I accumulate slowly. I like MyView because you get 100 points for each survey you do not qualify for after only a couple or so questions! I have not cashed out with them yet but my Dtr. Has and loves them as well. Thanks so much for the update.

6. Laressa says

Opinion Outpost is one I have been doing for the last 7 years (SEVEN! I had to look back through to see how long it was) I have made 260 dollars in that time (roughly 37 dollars a year). I like them because I seem to qualify for a lot of them, (I think I have made a lot of that money this last year) you can cash out at every ten dollars (into your paypal account) the pitfalls they send quite a few emails between 1-5 a day and if you don’t qualify you only get a sweeps entry and in 7 years I have never won anything. it just seems so easy to cash out .

Also Parents Speak and Kidzeyes they are kind of together are GREAT. Kidzeyes is for kids ages 6 and up and my daughter loves taking her surveys she gets 2 to 3 a month and they make money very fast usually 1 to 3 dollars per survey and then they get their very own check in the mail. We LOVE it! It’s usually about an ad or a new two we have done commercial watching , kid food package designs a lot of fun she made $33 dollars in her first year. She was thrilled

• Chris says

I belong to Pinecone, Opinion Outpost, Valued Opinions, and Toluna.

Pinecone – Great site. Surveys maybe 1-2 a week and fast $3 payment. They changed their payouts and now you get points on a reward page, but you can still request PayPal on there. I do quite a few product tests for them as well and they’re easy.

Opinion Outpost – Been a member for maybe 5 years. Used to be better. I don’t qualify for maybe 50% of the surveys now. One month it was 9 in a row that I didn’t qualify for. The good thing about them is the Amazon $5 cash out is instant. Their surveys range usually from 50 cents to $4. Payment is instant into your account.

Valued Opinions – Decent site with reasonable surveys ($2 for a 20 min survey). Everyone is annoyed by this site because they tacked on a $2 few to the Amazon $20 gift card and $5 to the $20 Visa gift card so it costs $22 to get the $20 Amazon and $25 to get the $20 Visa. They claim its because of extra fees they incur. I dunno. Also, it can take weeks to get credited for a survey which is frustrating.

Toluna – Been a member for maybe 7 years. They probably send 5-10 emails every day! I usually pick and choose 1-2 only because of decent rewards. For them, 3000 points is $1 so you have to be smart about they surveys. Getting 1,500 points for 20 mins seems ok until you realize it’s only 67 cents! Payout is $20 checks that come 1-2 weeks after you request them. It also takes weeks to get credited for a survey.

• Allie D. says

I completely agree! I am apart of all except Valued Opinions. I don’t use Opinion Outpost anymore because I never qualify for any surveys. I also use use I-Say because they seem to send me a lot of different surveys.

• Ruth says

One thing to add about MyPoints (I just got a $10 Shell gift card to help with gas) which this blog’s readers may be interested in is that you also earn points by printing & using coupons from Coupons.com accessed through their website (I think there’s an extra bar code on coupons printed this way, so they can track when the coupons are redeemed).

• Chris says

I was a member of Marie Brighton and they were fair at best, but they converted to i-say.com last year, and the rewards were horrible. 45 cents for like a 30 minute survey. Not worth my time. Once I had enough to cash out, I did, and then deleted my account.

7. Darcy says

Swagbucks does surveys, too, but they don’t pay out very well. I pretty much only accumulate points through searches, free codes, and their Android Swagbucks Mobile TV app.

I also have used Synovate Global Opinion Panels, which is now I-Say by Ipsos. They send you surveys pretty frequently and the points you accumulate can turn into actual money! You can receive an actual check from them, or choose to redeem for a gift card. I haven’t cashed out with them since they changed into the new system, just because I’ve really stopped taking the surveys because I’m lazy :) Here’s the link: http://i-say.com/Rewards/RewardsProgram/tabid/203/language/en-US/Default.aspx

My favorites are my survey and my points. Time consuming yes but if you can some how multitask the work a bit. I use to like doing them while sitting next to the hubby while he was watching his favorite sci-fi shows. Or if I was having a energy low in the afternoon I would put my feet up and do a few surveys. I still do the click thru emails for my points but have stopped doing survey’s this year due to being in a different season of life right now than I once was.

9. Rhonda says

I joined pinecone research because i heard about it here, but even after months and lots of surveys, I’ve been ‘rewarded’ with points worth a $10 book? I don’t see any cash option.

• Corrine says

Go to the rewards site and click on featured deals, at the bottom you will see a cash out option. You can add this to your cart and get $3.00 for every 300 points you earn. Hope this helps! This is for Pinecone Research.

10. LA says

I slowed a bit with Pinecone. They switched over to a points reward system which is way worse than you made when it was $3 a survey. Does anyone else not like the point system?

• Chris says

I emailed Pinecone and told them its annoying to have to login to the points system and dig around for the PayPal rewards! I bet it’s cheaper for them now because they probably get most of those store and restaurant gift cards at a discount.

11. Meranda says

I love this idea, but none of them I can do from Canada :( So if you ever hear of a company who does this in Canada lemme know!