This Week’s Menu

Well, I know I was supposed to tell you about my freezer cooking last week. But I pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulder area on Wednesday and I was down and out for a few days while letting that heal.

I did make the Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars. And I attempted to make the The Easiest Loaf of Bread You’ll Ever Bake, but I found that it wasn’t all that easy. In fact, I forgot to bake it and left it on the fridge all night long! So I ended up throwing out the batter — and decided maybe I ought to just stick with my bread machine recipes. :)

Breakfasts

Baked Chicken

Dinners

Mexican Chicken Lime Soup, fruit, tossed salad
Bean & Cheese Burritos, fruit, veggies
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with Ham, veggies
Homemade Pizza, fruit, veggies
Breakfast for dinner: Pancakes, fruit, scrambled eggs, and leftover Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with Ham
Dinner out
Dinner with extended family

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

We had to put our 13-year old shih-tsu down on Saturday (he was always more human than dog, and a treasured companion who will be deeply missed), so our menu is going to look different than usual since I really don’t feel like cooking.
    Yesterday we had a coupon for a local pizza place, the rest of the week is stuff out of the freezer. I have meatballs, orange chicken, manicotti, and the like, so probably something along those lines.

2. K says

The Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with Ham looks so delicious!! I’ve been wanting to try a hashbrown casserole. I think that this one might just be the one that makes me go for it. YUM!

3. Erin says

I have ham in the freezer from Easter — I’m excited to try adding it to the hash brown casserole that you listed.

4. Amy says

So for the Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with Ham do add the ham right to the Casserole before cooking it?

The Cheesy Hashbrown with Ham looks and sounds great! I might need to put it on my meal plan next week, I know my husband would LOVE it! Here is what is cooking at our house this week:
    Have you ever tried the Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken, it is easy and so yummy! Plus you get great leftover chicken for a second meal, and you can do millions of things with it. This week I am making Chicken and Rice soup with the extras.
    Have a great week!

6. WilliamB says

If you find yourself leaving bread in the fridge overnight again, you don’t have to throw it out. The yeast is still alive and kicking, working away to raise your dough – just more slowly because it’s cold. Let it finish rising on the counter – it should be both room temp and doubled – the continue as per the recipe. Give it a try because you have little to lose. The experiment might surprise you.

I like Angel Biscuits, which are raised via mix of baking powder and yeast, because you can leave the dough in the fridge up to a week. Just roll out, cut, and bake what you want for that meal and return the rest to the fridge for later. It’s a very common recipe; this site is one of many that has the recipe: http://www.gatherings.info/Recipes/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeID=1531. If you don’t have buttermilk or buttermilk powder, mix 2 cups of milk with 2t. vinegar and use that instead.