During the month of April, I’m encouraging my readers to participate in a 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge (read more here, if you missed my announcement about this challenge last week). Every week day morning at 9 a.m., I’ll post the daily project and every evening around 6 p.m. EST, I’ll post an update and link-up.
April 9, 2013 Project
Your project for today is to surface clean your bedroom(s).
If you have multiple bedrooms in your house, you can choose whichever one most needs a good surface cleaning. I’m planning tackle the girls’ room today because it needs some work!
Here’s what I’m planning to do:
- Set the timer for 20 minutes and pick up and put away all items that are out of place. (Bonus: find 7 items to get rid of.)
- Pull out any items under the bed that don’t below under the bed and make the bed (wash sheets/bedding, if needed).
- Vacuum/sweep the room. (Bonus: use an attachment on the vacuum to vacuum around the baseboards and vacuum under the bed.)
- Clean fingerprints on the windows.
- Bonus: Spot-clean the carpets and walls.
- You’re done!
You can follow along with my list — or do whatever constitutes “surface cleaning the bedroom” to you. There is no one right way to do this.
Then, come back here at 6 p.m. EST and I’ll show you pictures of my cleaning accomplishments for today and have a linky so you can link up yours, too!
Join in the Chatter
::Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post on the daily check-ins. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge Pinterest Group, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.
::Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? I’ll also be sharing some of my cleaning pictures on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #Cleanin30 to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!