30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Projects #12-14

During the month of April, I’m encouraging my readers to participate in a 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge (read more here, if you missed my announcement about this challenge last week). Every week day morning at 9 a.m., I’ll post the daily project and every evening around 6 p.m. EST, I’ll post an update and link-up.

April 12, 2013 Project

It’s another Friday (can you believe we’re almost halfway through the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge?)! Since it’s Friday and you have the weekends off, you get to choose your assignment today. You can choose to either clean out a closet or two, surface clean an extra room, or deep clean a bedroom.

I’m planning to tackle our linen closet/bathroom pantry. Because that closet has been hollering out for help and attention for quite some time. :)

Come back here at 6 p.m. EST and I’ll show you pictures of my cleaning accomplishments for today and have a linky so you can link up yours, too!

What project are you planning to tackle today?

Join in the Chatter

::Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post on the daily check-ins. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge Pinterest Group, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.

::Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? I’ll also be sharing some of my cleaning pictures on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #Cleanin30 to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!

photo credit

Other posts in the 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge series

1. Join us for the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge in April!
  2. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #1
  19. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #11 Update
  20. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Projects #12-14
  21. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #12-14 Update
  22. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15
  23. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15 Update
  24. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16
  25. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16 Update (And help! What do I do about the boy bathroom smell?!)
  26. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #17
  40. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #26
  41. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29
  42. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29 Update
  43. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30
  44. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30 Update

Comments

I think I’m going to tackle organizing our son’s closet. The pile of laundry to hang up or fold & put away in there is growing {which says a lot because his clothes are tiny! :)}

I’m going to be working on three closets today. The kid’s closets need to be gone through I know my son has some clothes that need to be donated and my daughter has such a variety of items in her’s it is hard to keep it organized. I will also straighten up the entryway closet. It’s not too bad but does need to be picked up a bit. The closets in my house usually tend to be the most unorganized areas in my home, because the clutter is out of sight, out of mind.

3. Sarah says

The master bedroom closet needs some desperate help, so I’ll be working in there today.

I worked on the bathroom from yesterday and my entry closet today. The transformation is AMAZING! I got rid of a ton of stuff. Can’t wait to link up tonight!

Crystal,

I want to tell you that I’ve been thoroughly enjoying this series. I haven’t followed the challenges, but your posts helped me stay motivated to complete my own goal.

I’m very happy to say that, after spending approximately 100 hours working towards my goal since February, I have completely decluttered every inch of my home, and caught up on ALL of our laundry. Nearly nine years of accumulating “stuff” without a full home declutter among it led to a very cluttered and energy-zapping space.

I’m so happy to have things in order, and we’ve gotten rid of much more than I thought we could. It is so exhilarating to be FREE from our unneeded stuff, and since today is my birthday, I’m celebrating by taking the day off :)

Thank you again for your continual inspiration and encouragement!

6. M.L. says

Cleaning up an inch of water in my finished basement today……not what I had planned!

7. Marie says

Crystal, while some days seemed frustrating not accomplishing things overall I have gotten much more done! Thanks for the challenge.
    Today my husband is home so we made a “just do it” list. We have a list of many projects that need done, most involve finances we don’t have at the moment. But I realized their were several things we could do that just involved time. So this morning he has hung two pictures in the bedroom, re-hung curtain rods in the kids room so now the curtains actually stay open when pulled open, putting knobs on 3 dressers (I found knobs at Target clearance at over 70%off and they’ve been sitting for months waiting to be put on)
    Then we will hang two hook rails, pictures in the laundry room, and redo a wall at the bottom of our stairs.
    While he worked on those things I was able to declutter the drawers in the kids bathroom and am now working on going through my closet/dresser! I love it!!
    And I decided to just pitch the old magazines and just keep the current. My husband reminded me that I have Rachael Ray’s website, pinterest, and allrecipes.com
    It feels so great to be getting to things on a list that’s been around for months!!!! Plus I’m planning a garage sale so I need everything done and de-cluttered!

Here’s my before. I just have to straighten the living room a bit. I clean the windows the other day but little toys tend to find their way in here. I quickly clean up here. I share my insight on how to do it. I like to have my house be cleaner, quicker.

It’s a toss up between our master bedroom closet and our linen closet but I think I’m going for the master closet. Through the weekend I may surface clean a bit more.

10. Sandra says

After tonight’s run to the grocery store, I’m in for the weekend. I’m so in the mood to stay in-doors and deep clean every room. It’s been raining for days here and I’ve decided to surrender to my nesting desire, make a pot of vegetable soup, put on my audiobook and clean!