30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #26

During the month of April, I’m encouraging my readers to participate in a 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge (read more here, if you missed my announcement about this challenge last week). Every week day morning at 9 a.m., I’ll post the daily project and every evening around 6 p.m. EST, I’ll post an update and link-up.

April 26, 2013 Project

Since it’s Friday and we’re taking the weekend off, you get to choose your project from three projects today: you can either surface clean a bedroom or the bathroom(s) or you can vacuum and/or sweep the floors in your home.

You choose which area you’re most motivated to clean or which area needs to be cleaned the most and go for it!

Come back here at 6 p.m. EST and I’ll have a linky so you can link up your pictures of your accomplishments today!

Join in the Chatter

::Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post on the daily check-ins. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge Pinterest Group, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.

::Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? I’ll also be sharing some of my cleaning pictures on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #Cleanin30 to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!

photo credit

Other posts in the 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge series

1. Join us for the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge in April!
  2. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #1
  19. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #11 Update
  20. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Projects #12-14
  21. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #12-14 Update
  22. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15
  23. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15 Update
  24. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16
  25. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16 Update (And help! What do I do about the boy bathroom smell?!)
  26. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #17
  39. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #25 Update
  40. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #26
  41. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29
  42. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29 Update
  43. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30
  44. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30 Update

Comments

1. Diana says

I have been busy this month and not able to take the challenge. I am anxious to start my
    spring cleaning and hope I can go back and look at it for inspiration. Thanks.

I can’t believe this challenge is almost over! I think I may tackle all three tasks today just to prep the house for a busy weekend ahead {I don’t like coming home exhausted from events to a messy house– it makes me feel even more exhausted!}

3. Blaire says

I’m going to get back into my usual cleaning routine today, since we are having a party at our house for the soccer team on Thursday. Today I will dust the whole house. Saturday is vacuuming. Sunday is sweeping. Monday is mopping and cleaning the 1/2 bath. Tuesday is cleaning our master bath. Wednesday is cleaning the basement guest bath. Thursday is cleaning the kids’ bath. Off to dust away! :)

I’m going to do all four! I just love having a clean house at the end of the day, it makes me feel so calm.

5. Jessica says

I have been doing a major household purge from every nook and cranny. I am proud to say that so far I have:
    *sold 2 bags of books to the local used bookstore, then we used the proceeds to enjoy a tasty family lunch out, which is something we rarely do (and that used just 1/3; the other 2/3 I saved for another time)
    *donated 3 bags of art/craft supplies and 2 bags of party supplies to my daughter’s school for the annual school carnival
    *gave away a huge trashbag of cloth diapers to a friend who’s due in 2 weeks
    *donated 2 bags of outgrown baby and toddler clothes to the local maternity resource center
    *filled up- get this- TWENTY huge black trashbags of items to donate. I have already had one charity pickup and another is scheduled for next week!
    *filled up 12 grocery bags of food for the food pantry. This is stuff that we likely wouldn’t be able to eat before the expiration date and / or didn’t care for and / or had too much of.
    *cleaned out the chest freezer and freezer above the fridge in anticipation of getting my annual 1/4 beef
    *began weeding my flower beds and planted spring garden crops, which have sprouted

… I have more purging to do, and when it’s done then I’ll start the big cleaning!

6. Sarah says

So far today I have cleaned the downstairs half bath and deep cleaned the kitchen. I knocked out the vacuuming of the whole house yesterday. I’d like to get the upstairs bathrooms clean before the end of the day, too. It’s much easier to “survive” the weekend with everyone at home all day for two days if I go into the weekend with an extra clean house.

7. Amanda says

I did all three today. It was already on my to do list for today. :) I just have laundry to work on and then hopefully get some reading done. :)

I am taking on the bathroom today as it really needs to be cleaned. I am also planning a quick pick up in the bedrooms. I am hoping to be able to get it all completed in just 20 minutes.

9. Jenni says

I have been thankful for this challenge. After a tiresome pregnancy, a newborn, and two preschool boys, I was too worn out to keep up the house. But now the baby is older and my energy is mostly back. The challenge came with perfect timing for me. For the last two weeks my house has been clean! It feels good. :)

10. KG says

Swept and mopped the kitchen floor, this morning. Try to stay on top of the bedrooms on a daily basis, so I guess that counts for surface cleaning. :) Same for the bathrooms.