This week’s menu plan

Pull Apart Oat Rolls

I’m keeping things simple food-wise here this week in order to streamline and focus on editing.

Breakfasts

Oatmeal, Cereal, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Mac & cheese, fruit
Snack-y lunch
PB&J, carrot sticks, apples
Cheese quesadillas, carrot sticks
Pancakes, eggs, fruit
Leftovers x 2

Making Slow Cooker Lentil & Black Bean Soup

Snacks

Fruit/veggies
Popcorn
Quinoa Cookies

Freezer Cooking in an Hour (stay tuned on Thursday when I’ll share a play-by-play on how this goes!)

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes
Crusty Baguettes
Quinoa Cookies

Freezer-Friendly Bean & Cheese Burritos

Dinners

Dinner with extended family
Slow Cooker Lentil & Black Bean Soup, Pull Apart Oat Rolls, fruit
Black Bean & Corn-Topped Potatoes, fruit, tossed salad
Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit
Bean & Cheese Burritos, fruit, veggies
Dinner with extended family
Dinner out

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

1. Darcy says

Ooooh I can’t wait to hear how the Quinoa Cookies turn out! I love quinoa and love cookies, so I’m totally ready to try these! :)

I hardly ever get my bread machine out (like I have to read the instructions every time I do ‘hardly ever’) but am feeling a little coerced to do so seeing the picture of those pull apart rolls!

3. Donna DaBillo says

I have been searching Pinterest for recipes. I have found some that are really easy and my family loves them. In fact my pickiest child asked me to make one thing twice in a week!

4. BonnieBairns says

Crystal, your Lentil & Black Bean Soup looks like it has cabbage. Is that the only addition you made to that recipe, and did you blend yours? Also, I’m not seeing your black beans. Did you include them? I think we’ll try that one since it’s definitely on he economical side.

Yes, I snuck in some cabbage since I had some to use up. I had pre-cooked black beans, so I dumped those in when it was almost done cooking… and then I used a potato masher to mash it all up. We liked it, by the way, but it does make a BIG pot!

The cabbage in that soup caught my eyes, since I still have some cabbage I got at a really good price and am always looking for delicious ways to use it up. Then when I clicked on the link to the recipe I didn’t see cabbage listed, so I was grateful for the comments! :)

Thank you, also, for the link to the quinoa cookies! I have been trying more recipes with quinoa lately and those look great!

Bonnie

We are going to be gone for Easter at the end of the week. However, here is what we are having for main meals till then:

Eat out
    Bree’s Lentil-Tomato Soup, cornbread muffins
    Salad
    Greek meatballs, barley
    Sweet-and-Tangy Roasted Pork Tenderloin, stuffing, steamed carrots
    Traveling (Easter)
    Traveling (Easter)

I have links to several of these recipes on my website.

6. Kim M says

this is the first time in a LONG time I’ve actually made a meal plan, and we’re sticking to it pretty good so far!
    Breakfasts: cereal, eggs, fruit
    Lunches: Crockpot fried rice, sandwiches, salad, leftovers
    Dinners: Ranch Burgers w/homemade whole wheat buns, Baked oven Fries, veggies
    Bean & cheese burritos, fruit, veggies
    Chicken noodle soup w/homemade egg noodles, fruit
    IHOP knock off pancakes, sausage, fruit
    Loaded baked potatoes, broccoli, fruit
    Slow Cooker Lentil & Black Bean Soup, homemade dinner rolls, fruit
    Pulled chicken sandwiches, homemade whole wheat buns, green salad, fruit

Snacks: air-popped popcorn, fruit, yogurt, pudding, trail mix, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins