Except, as you probably could have guessed, I had to tweak it. Because following a recipe like it’s written just gets boring, ya know?
Freezer-Friendly Bean & Cheese Burritos
- 1/2 recipe Crockpot Refried Beans (or 4 cans refried beans)
- 1 jar salsa of your choice
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (or homemade taco seasoning)
- 8-12 ounces of cheddar cheese, grated
- 24 medium flour tortillas (you can make your own)
Mix beans, salsa, and seasoning together in a large bowl. Spread 2-3 Tablespoons onto center of tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up (see instructions for how to fold a tortilla here).
You can lightly brown these on either side or just stick them in a freezer bag, seal well, and freeze.
Microwave Baking Instructions: Pull 1-3 burritos out of the freezer, stick on a microwave-safe plate, and warm in the microwave on 50% heat for 2-3 minutes.
Oven Baking Instructions: Pull out desired number of burritos and thaw for 1-3 hours and then bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until heated through. Can top with additional cheese before baking. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
Makes 24 burritos. Recipe adapted from Pennies and Pancakes