Inbox Dollars: Get paid to read emails, take surveys, search the web, and more

Sign up for Inbox Dollars and you’ll get paid to read emails, search the web, take surveys, and more. I loved earning free gift cards from Inbox Dollars when Jesse was in law school and I had a lot more time than money.

If you’ve not checked out Inbox Dollars, you can sign up here.

(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.)

Comments

1. Amy says

What gift cards can you earn? How long does it take you to earn them? Is this better than Swagbucks?

Thanks!

• Barbara says

I’ve tried this in the past, when I was looking for every way to bring in money. This is not better than swagbucks ( I haven’t found anything better than swagbucks) You have to open emails and I never did enough to earn anything back. I have two little boys and I wasn’t able to give the time to this that I needed. If you do sign up, start a new email, cause it will fill up your inbox. I’ve read other blogs that use inbox dollars as a way to earn a little extra. it is one of those things that is a good fit for some but not others.

• mindy says

I don’t do any survey with them just emails only and it takes a whole year to get $30. I love swagbucks.

2. CJ says

There are better sites than this one. You can’t cash out until you hit $30! Clicking on emails for 2 cents each takes ages to get a lot of rewards. The surveys are a pain too and they’re not worth much money either.

I’ve heard from a number of people recently who had *good* experiences with them, so I felt comfortable promoting them again, after having stopped promoting them for awhile. Just FYI. :) However, I appreciate those who share from both sides so that everyone can have honest reviews.

Thanks so much for reading here; I appreciate you!

I think a problem with inbox dollars is that the appearance is that you can make money (albeit a small amount at a time) just clicking through the emails. If you dig deep on their site you will find that if you just do that then they will lower the number of emails you receive and I think can deactivate your account altogether. That’s not enough for them. I’ve upped my activity recently and that made a big difference. I agree that swagbucks is much better though none of the sites I’ve seen pay for surveys like I used to get from Pinecone-including Pinecone. I’ve found this site http://www.ptc-investigation.com/default.aspx to be very helpful when I have a question about whether or not a site is legit. It’s not perfect but helpful.

I was very discouraged with Inbox Dollars and gave up on it a few months ago, but after reading your post I did notice a few new ways to earn that I hadn’t noticed before. I earned $1 by downloading their toolbar and they also have videos available. Swagbucks is definitely a faster way to earn, but I am going to give this a second try. I’m half way to $30!