Want to Make a Full-Time Income From Home?
Sign up for my Free 5-Day Course!
Just type in your name and email address below and I'll get you signed up for this 5-day course—for FREE!

Homemade Freezer Biscuits Recipe

Homemade Freezer Biscuits

Say goodbye forever to canned biscuits. This recipe is a winner. It’s quick, easy, inexpensive, and so practical. Best of all, you control what ingredients go in it, unlike canned biscuits that you buy at the store.

My little biscuit-making helper!

Want more make-it-from-scratch ideas? I highly recommend Easy Homemade by Mandi Ehman. This ebook contains more than 60 recipes for homemade kitchen staples and it’s beautifully laid out, well-illustrated, and packed with great ideas and recipes.

• Elaine says

First things that I can think of are: 1) You used baking powder, not baking soda, right? and 2) You used 2 Tablespoons of it, not 2 teaspoons?
      Other than that, all I can think of is to not twist the biscuit cutter as you’re making the biscuits. Just press straight down and then lift it straight up. Twisting it might cause the dough to seal itself around the sides and prevent it from rising much while baking.

• Judy says

You may want to make sure they are touching. I know the ones you purchase in the store they warn you they will not rise if they are not touching.

1. Denise says

So glad I found this recipe….no more frozen biscuits from the store for us! I do use 1/2 cup shortening – 1/2cup butter and I replace 3/4 of the cup of milk with buttermilk. Also, just a spoonful of sugar…shhhh! Thaw them about 15 minutes or so, rise nicely every time! Love these biscuits!

2. kimber says

Thanks for the recipe. They were super fluffy and moist. I didn’t have all purpose flour. So, I used self rising and omitted the salt and baking powder. I also added 1 tablespoon of vinegar to milk to give more of a buttermilk taste. I used vege shortening this time but will go with butter next time and maybe a tablespoon of sugar.

Just made these this Saturday and baked this week! WOW…so GOOD. so easy and cheap to make too! Thanks for this.

(I posted a review on my blog too. 😉

4. Leena says

Hi, I was wondering if the frozen biscuit could be turned for other purpose such as pizza dough, or other switch up using biscuit recipe? Thanks. Will try this out soon.

5. Toni says

I made these with coconut oil…and post thaw they DO NOT rise and so then clearly aren’t flaky. Did anybody else have this problem? Not sure what I did wrong.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy