This week’s menu

Pumpkin Pancakes – yummy!

Breakfasts

Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets, Cereal, Toast, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Hamburger Vegetable Soup, Bread Machine Buttery Rolls, veggies, fruit, crackers & cheese
Cheese Quesadillas, oranges, carrot sticks

Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
Pumpkin Pancakes

Freezer Cooking:

Homemade Bagels
Homemade Wheat Thins
Lunchbox Freezer Cooking

Hamburger Vegetable Soup — so good!

Dinners

Dinner with extended family
Hamburger Vegetable Soup, Veggies, Fruit
World’s Easiest Marinated Chicken, Bread Machine Bread Sticks, mashed potatoes, fruit, steamed veggies
Chicken Noodle Soup, Soft 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls, fruit salad
Vegetable Beef Stew, Soft 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls, fruit veggies
Breakfast for dinner: Pumpkin Pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit
Dinner with extended family

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

1. Katie says

Im trying two new recipes this week and starting to clear out our pantry for te end of the month. We will see how it goes!

2. Meredith says

My husband claims it’s too warm for soup because we are still in the upper 70′s-80′s. So, I am going to make the pumpkin muffins this week but it’s usual end of summer fare here for another week or so.

3. Karen says

Have you done the 100% whole wheat rolls in your bread maker? I don’t have a good mixer. Also, have you done the pumpkin pancakes with whole wheat or a mixture of white/wheat?
    Thanks so much for sharing all your menus and recipes!!!

The Pumpkin Pancakes should work with whole-wheat, though they’ll be a bit more dense.

And I’ve not the whole-wheat rolls in the bread machine. I’m going to try, though!

4. Julie says

I love your Hamburger Vegetable soup! Yesterday I pulled some out of the freezer as a side for our dinner. We usually eat it for lunch and dinner for two days and then I freeze the rest in single portions to pull out for a quick lunch or as a side for dinner. Also, one time I started making it and realized I didn’t have enough cans of tomatoes so I used a can of Rotel Tomatoes and it made it just a little spicy and was really good too! This soup and Amy’s Brown Bag Burritos are two recipes from your site that are on our menu quite frequently. Thanks so much!

5. sona says

I tried marinating chicken and freezing one time. When we ate it, it was just mush….gagging actually. Any ideas. I know the vinegar in dressings is an acid, so wondering why all chicken doesnt do that with extended periods of marination?

I always marinate the chicken when still frozen and stick it straight back into the freezer. We’ve never had an issue with it by doing it that way.

6. Emily says

We’re having a local favorite: Hopkins County Stew! I’m so excited it’s finally getting cooler here in TX! :)

7. Whitney says

I’m always happy to see your addition of “snacky” lunch on the menu, because it makes me feel better about doing it with my own kids. I open the fridge and pantry and just kind of throw a bunch of stuff at them that needs eaten. Slices of cheese, pretzel rods, fruit about to spoil, granola bars. I don’t know why I feel bad about these kinds of lunches. They’re perfectly healthy and balanced, and every likes them, but they sure don’t look pretty – at least at my house. ;)

Breakfast for dinner is great! We have pancakes every Thursday and it’s so great having one less night to plan dinner since it’s always the same!

Last Fall my family was going through a particularly trying time financially. When a friend offered to share their ground venison with us, I rejoiced and looked for tasty ways to use it so that we didn’t get sick of it. I was delighted when my whole family liked your “Hamburger Vegetable Soup” made with the deer meat because I knew it was a very healthy, hearty, cheap meal that I could feel good about serving. It even satisfied my ravenous, construction contractor hubby’s appetite and he asked me to serve it often. Planning to make it again as soon as it cools off just a little more! Thanks!

I’m planning to make pasta tonight and turn out some casseroles to freeze for later. This weekend we will have a very cheap breakfast-for-dinner night and freeze some pancakes/french toast for later. Then we get to have a free pizza delivered and make a little money for reviewing it thanks to my mystery shopping job.