Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Day 2)
We’re big fans of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins here. So, of course, when I saw this recipe recently, I just had to try it — especially since I already had all of the ingredients on hand — thanks to some free credit from Vitacost.
I thought it would be fun to change things up for our Lunchbox Freezer Cooking series and make these muffins, instead of our usual amazingly-delicious pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe.
These were very easy to make and were surprisingly yummy — especially for the ingredients. But they aren’t anywhere near as good as our favorite recipe. However, they are much quicker to make. And, I’m guessing, they are much lower in fat and calories, too.
3-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Mix can of pumpkin and chocolate cake mix together thoroughly (can use an electric mixer, if you prefer). Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter and stir in.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins almost full. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes, until done.
To freeze: Cool completely and stick into an airtight ziptop freezer bag. Store for up to 4 weeks in the freezer.
To serve: Thaw for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Or, warm for a minute in the microwave.
Makes 12 full-sized muffins.
Recipe from Nomadic Nom Nom.
If you haven’t tried our family’s favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe, you’ve got to give it a whirl. I can almost guarantee you’ll like. Unless you’re one of those strange people who don’t like chocolate or pumpkin! By the way, my friend Jamie, has an egg-free, milk-free version of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins over on her blog.
Are you joining us for Lunchbox Freezer Cooking? If you’ve blogged about a lunchbox recipes you’ve made for your freezer, leave a link to your post and recipe below. I can’t wait to see your yummy recipes and ideas!
Other posts in the Lunchbox Freezer Cooking series
- My Lunchbox Freezer Cooking Plan
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Bean & Cheese Burritos (Day 1)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Day 2)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Mac N' Cheese Cups (Day 3)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Peanut Butter & Jelly Sushi (Day 4)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Chicken Broccoli Rice Cups (Day 5)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Homemade Pizza Lunchables (Day 6)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Homemade Chicken Salsa Pockets (Day 7)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Mini Lasagnas (Day 8)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Corn Dog Muffins (Day 9)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Allergen-Free Chocolate Crunch Bars (Day 10)
Subscribe for free email updates and be entered to win $100!
NEXT POST: Free Phonics Curriculum & Resources