Crockpot Blueberry Cobbler

It’s been way too hot to even consider turning on the oven around here right now, but I still have a hankering to bake. So I’ve been experimenting with my crockpot.

After my Crockpot Cinnamon Biscuit recipe success, I was inspired to try making cobbler in the crockpot. My whole family agreed that this recipe was a winner.

Best of all? It so easy to make — it only took me about 10 minutes to whip up from start to finish!

You could easily substitute other kinds of fruit, if you don’t have blueberries on hand. I think peaches, raspberries, blackberries, or a mixture of fruit would be delicious!

Comments

If it were me, I’d just replace the blueberries with the cherry pie filling and leave off the sugar and vanilla that you’re supposed to sprinkle on top.

1. Catherine says

You mention rhubarb in the directions but don’t list it as an ingredient. Did you use it and, if so, how much did you use?

Also, off topic, but I haven’t been able to see the site on my phone for the past two days – is the mobile feed down?

Oops, I accidentally had that in there. Thanks for letting me know so I could fix the directions!

The original recipe had rhubarb in it. I left it out and replaced it with blueberries. You can click on the original recipe for details if you like rhubarb. We’re not big fans of it here.

We’re working on the mobile site — there’s some glitch and we’re trying to isolate it. The non-mobile site is working on phones, though.

2. Kim says

I have a large crockpot and a medium. Which one should I use? I guess the medium would make for a thicker cobbler? Can’t wait to try this.

3. cathy says

I recently made a crockpot cobbler using your pre-made baking mix that we did during the freezer cooking. It was soooo yummy! I am now a huge fan of the coconut oil!

4. Becky says

I have peaches in the freezer from a huge batch of fresh peaches my Kroger had marked down several weeks ago, so I may try this with some of those. It looks and sounds delicious!

5. Jalet says

I love that cobbler in the crockpot NEVER boils over onto the bottom of the oven. :) Nice recipe.

6. Charity says

Crystal, your pictures are fantastic! Looks like you’re becoming quite the pro with your Christmas gift. I love playing around with my DSLR with my cooking/baking successes. At least the food doesn’t move around on me like my children do, so I can work on the depth/focusing in those shots. ;)

• Jiya says

Looks great! Any idea how many pints of blueberries are needed for 3 cups? I may make with strawberries instead — saw them on sale this week.

7. karys says

do you think this recipe can be done with apples?
    I know they are of a harder texture than blueberries and peaches?
    we have a lot of apples that seem to be going to waste, as they were a little
    too sour for the kids. =/

8. Naomi says

I was excited to try this tonight, but I’m sorry to say my husband and I weren’t thrilled with the outcome. I followed the directions, but the cobbler (non-fruit) part turned out gummy and heavy. To me, it seems the natural result of baking at too low a temperature (though my crockpot was on high) for too long a period. I guess cobblers (at least the way we like them) are best made in the oven!

I’m so sorry it didn’t turn out well for you. My crockpot is newer, so I’m wondering if that might be some of the reason (perhaps it bakes at a higher temperature?). It was fully baked and not gummy at all for us. That said, I think you’re not going to be able to achieve a really light and fluffy cobbler in the crockpot because, like you said, the crockpot just doesn’t bake like the oven.

Hopefully you were able to serve it over enough ice cream that it was edible! :)

• Amanda says

I also had it be gummy. I couldn’t get any of it to cook. Not even the edges really. My crockpot is like only a year old too. Sad

• Jiya says

I had a not-so-great result, too. I made it with strawberries and found the taste to be ok but not great. Definitely gummy in the middle but almost burned on the edges.

Mine came out fine. I have an old crockpot and I put it on high. It cooked all the way through. I actually made it even easier by mixing it right in the crockpot so I didn’t have to dirty a bowl! Also, I only used 2 cups of blueberries, and we thought the ratio was fine. Everyone in my house liked it! Thanks!

10. Kara says

My 3 year old helped me make this for dessert last night…delicious! And a huge hit with the husband. Thanks for sharing.

• Mande says

Do you know if Almond milk can be used in baking like this? My family and I just recently converted and I have used it in a few things, but I’m not sure about baking in the crockpot…would it be alright? Anyone have any experience with it? Thanks! :)

11. Mande says