This week’s menu

Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole ready to go in the freezer

I’m so thankful for a freezer full of food! We’re gearing up for our local homeschool conference this weekend and for speaking/having a booth at the Virginia Homeschool Conference next week. So I’m relying a lot on food that’s already prepped and won’t take me long to prepare.

Breakfasts

Granola bars
Cereal
Baked Oatmeal (from the freezer)
Green Monster Smoothies

Snacks

Fruit/veggies
Popcorn
Banana Bread

Dinners

Dinner with extended family
Memorial Day Cookout: Marinated Chicken, wild rice, corn on the cob, fruit salad, s’mores
Southwest Rollups from the freezer, steamed veggies, sliced oranges & apples
Barbecued Meatballs, sweet potatoes, steamed veggies, fruit
Dinner out
Ham & Cheese Pockets from the freezer, fruit salad, steamed veggies
Lasagna CasseroleEnglish Muffin Bread (toasted), steamed broccoli, fruit

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

1. Sarah says

I finally the chance to make your Chicken Broccoli Casserole and LOVED it! Super easy, cheap, and delish! Thank you! :)

2. Kim says

Crystal – I’m just wondering if you used white flour or freshly ground whole wheat in the English Muffin Bread Recipe. If you used WW how did it turn out? Does it still have the texture of an english muffin?

• Rebecca Scott says

This was my question too – I want to try the English Muffin Bread but wondering if Whole Wheat will work?

3. Julie Scianna says

Crystal, what do you include in your “snak-y” lunches? My 3 year old is so picky and I’m trying to encourage him to branch out. If it were up to him, he would eat grilled chicken or steak at every meal!!

My husband and I got back from a trip late last night, and it was so nice I had something in the freezer to pull out for dinner tonight since I don’t have any fresh groceries on hand!

5. Darla says

All of your recipes look wonderful. I do have a question about homemade pizza dough. I do not have a problem making the dough- I have a problem with making the crust smooth & even. Mine always is uneven in thickness & many times I get thin spots & holes. Any advise on pressing the dough out to size? It is best to use your fingers, not roll it out, correct? HELP.

• Lori says

I find my dough rolls best if the dough is cold and the counter and rolling pin have been dusted with flour. I roll it and turn dough over before it becomes too large. Then roll to desired size. My crust usually has some thicker areas along the edges but I like the “rustic” look. :)

6. Ann says

Whenever I freeze casserole with rice in them the rice always reheats sort of harder, almost a raw/undercooked texture to it. The rice can have a good texture if we eat it right away, but after freezing/thawing/cooking it’s different. Have you run into this and how do you handle? Thanks.

I’ve never had that problem. I always cook it so it’s just barely done. I also use brown rice and I think that helps — maybe?

7. Kathy says

I just made the Chicken Brocc. Rice casserole last night. Very good-made a small dish and froze a little for another meal. Thanks

8. Heather says

Was craving english muffins but my husband is the one who makes them so when I saw the bread receipe I tried it and oh my goodness. It will be a staple in our house. We are going to try it as grilled ham and cheese sandwhich. Thanks for the great link.