4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Week #4 Freezer-Friendly Snacks & Desserts + Shopping List

Can you believe we’ve made it to the last week of freezer cooking? My freezer is getting so stocked and it has been wonderful.

With Memorial Day weekend coming up, I’m spacing out the recipes a bit more this week to give everyone a little bit more time to play along (should you so choose) and to also give myself the flexibility to not blog much on Monday. :)

My apologies in advance that all but one of these recipes has chocolate in it. What can I say? “Dessert” and “snack” is pretty much synonymous with “chocolate” at our house. :) And no day is complete without at at least a little bit of chocolate!

Here’s this week’s list of Snack and Dessert Recipes I’ll be making to stick in the freezer along with a grocery list (let me know if you see any mistakes on amounts needed):

Click on the “Print This” tab at the top of the list to generate a printer-friendly list. (If you’re reading via email or a feed reader, you may need to click through to the post to print the list.)

Comments

1. Sheila says

I’ve made the energy bites & pumpkin chocolate chip muffins before. They were delicious! I’m excited to finish out this week as we near the end of our school year to have healthy snacks for the kids. We love the lunch recipes. I’ve sent them with both of my school age kids & my husband at his temp job. I have definitely found some new recipes through this project that I will continue to make. Thanks!

2. Alicia Hart says

Crystal-

I haven’t gotten a chance to e-mail and say how wonderful this project is! It looks like a lot of work on your end. Thanks so much!

3. Michele M says

I don’t think it’s necessary to apologize for chocolate! Just want to say thanks for the inspiration and the recipes.

4. Anh says

Crystal- I am going to be out of town for a few days for some training and I am trying to put together some easy meals for my husband. I wanted to something that was easy and fast since he will be home alone with our 5 month old baby for the first time. Do you have an fail-safe meals that you could suggest? Thanks!

5. Abra says

Chocolate…yum! I still have some cookies to use up, so I am going to make the banana bread from week 1 today. I’ve been anxious to try it.

I have also gotten a lot of great recipes from this series. Thanks for all your hard work putting it together and giving us a recap of how it worked.

6. Danielle B says

You had me at chocolate banana bread.

I’m game! That’s the only recipe I’m going to join in on, but I’d be super tickled if it freezes well and still tastes yummy defrosted.

7. Ac says

I’ve noticed that most of these aren’t gluten free. Are you all no longer eating GF or have you found the dishes don’t freeze well?

We got cleared by the allergist last week and so we’re no longer doing GF or DF. So, so thankful that it seems we may be getting some answers for Silas’ health issues… it’s been a long road but we see a little light at the end of the tunnel — we hope, at least. We should know more definitely after the next 6-8 weeks if the current treatment is going to work or not. (And I know what we’ve been dealing with the last year and a half is so very miniscule compared to some of the health issues many of you are facing with your children, but it’s still been a very new and stretching journey for us).

8. Paula says

Thanks for these freezer meals, these posts helped me out so much this month! We moved into a new home after living out of storage for a month and it has taken a while to get settled. These 4 weeks to fill your freezer were a great help to get back on cooking track again! Now, I did not fill my freezer, but I did about half the posts/recipes. I still need to plug in my big freezer and there is no way the little top of the fridge freezer would suffice for what we need! But, I adjusted and it gave me the boost I needed!

So, thanks!

9. Emilie says

I have been eating two no-bake energy bites every morning with greek yogurt. They are also amazing if you take a bite of one and a bite of apple.

I make a triple batch (one jar of sun-nut butter) and store them in my fridge in a tupperware 9×11.

I also love them with sun-nut butter instead of peanut butter as my son is allergic.

10. Joan says

I just found your blog and was thrilled to see a freezer cooking series…I’m trying to cook ahead a bit for the fall, when I’ll hopefully have a new baby in the house. The only thing is that my husband is lactose intolerant and many of the recipes I saw listed have a lot of dairy ingredients. Do you know of any dairy-free recipes that freeze well? (I could substitute soy milk and natural cheeses for many recipes, but that gets expensive quickly.) Thanks!

Yay! I’m ahead of you on the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I made some this weekend. They didn’t make it to the freezer though! LOL!

Right now I am doing the Eat From Your Pantry Challenge so I made these with some pumpkin puree I had made after Halloween last year and forgotten about. They turned out good!

has anyone tried to use coconut oil in the chocolate chip cookie recipe instead of butter? we have a dairy allergy, I am sure I could substitute margarine or spread instead. I am just loving the coconut oil lately!

• Daina says

I haven’t tried it in this particular recipe, but my understanding is that coconut oil generally works as a butter replacement in cookie recipes– the flavor will just be a little different. When I’ve tried it, it’s worked great!