Walmart: $5 money-maker on Brita pitchers

Update: The rebate form is now gone. I hope you printed it before they took it down!

There’s going to be a $4/1 Brita pitcher coupon in the SmartSource newspaper insert tomorrow. You can turn this into a $5 money-maker at Walmart. Here’s how:

Buy 1 Brita Pitcher at $8.97
Use $4/1 Brita Pitcher coupon from the 1/15 SmartSource insert
Spend $4.97 plus tax out of pocket
Mail in this $10 rebate here by 3/31/12
After the rebate, you’ll have gotten the Brita pitcher for free plus made around $5 for buying it!

If you’re planning on doing this, I’d recommend printing the rebate now, as they sometimes are removed before they expire.

Thanks to I Heart the Mart for the deal and photo!

Comments

1. Alissa DeLucio says

Sweet! I need to drink more water…if I can get it cold in fridge filtered, without I’ve cubes (get lonny way), maybe I will actually do that. Thanks so much for the heads up!!

2. :) says

I wonder how much Target has these for. I have 2 $5 off Brita pitcher or filter coupons that I printed off Target’s website, plus, Brita’s website had a $2 off coupon…could stack those….hmm….if it weren’t so cold and snowing so much, I’d head to Target and check it out!!

• Kate says

Remember that Walmart takes Target coupons AND manufacturer’s coupons!!!! You could stack two coupons and see the rebate. :-)

• :) says

What?? It must be a regional thing, because I’m pretty sure I tried using a Target coupon at my Walmart and they wouldn’t let me….but I think it might be worth it to try again. :) Thanks for the heads up!!

And yes, I did notice that the Target coupon was for the larger pitcher, but I’m wondering if the rebate applies to filters? I already have a pitcher, but I really need more filters right now.

• Sheryl says

Rite Aid has a rebate that includes the filters:

Valid from 01/04/12 to 01/31/12
          Submit By: 03/01/2012
          $5.00 REBATE
          Brita
          Purchase One (1):
          •Classic Pitcher
          •3-Pack Filter Replacemnet Filter
          •Faucet Mount Replacement Fliter
          LIMIT ONE (1) $5.00 REBATE*

• Chris says

According to Walmart’s coupon policy they only accept competitor’s coupons that have a specified price NOT a $ off coupon…
        Here’s what it says:
        Competitors’ coupons
        A specific item for a specified price, for example, $2.99
        Buy one, get one free (BOGO) coupons for items with a specified price
        Have a valid expiration date
        Are acceptable in black and white

• Kate says

This is not true for my store. This summer I noticed a sign advertising that Walmart now honors competitor’s coupons. I spoke with their CSM and she said they now take all valid manufacturer’s coupons EXCEPT % off coupons. So if you had a Target coupon for 10% off Christmas candy, Walmart would not honor it. But if you had a Target coupon for $1 off a bag of candy, they will take that. They also take BOGO coupons. I have been stacking store and maunfacturer’s coupons at my store for months now, and I haven’t had one problem. Since it was a manager who told me, I assume she was correct. It has never thrown their machines off either. Good deal!

• Emily says

The $8.97 price at Walmart is for the 5 cup “Slim” model. It’s not practical for a family, but would be great for 1 person to keep at the office, etc. We have the “Everyday” 10 cup model in our house (3 of us) and I fill it up 4-5 times a day. The Target coupon is only valid for the “Grand” model, which retails for about $30. Hope this helps!

3. Kristin says

The Target coupon is for the Brita Plus pitcher which retails for around $29 so the Wal-Mart pitcher is definitely a better deal.

4. Debra says

Aren’t the rebate and the coupon both manufacturer deals that will not both work together? Just asking, because I am new at couponing, but that was what I thought.

• Leighann says

That’s not exactly how a rebate works.

When you purchase an item that you’re going to mail in a rebate for, you purchase the item, use any applicable coupons, and save the receipt. You mail the form and the receipt in. It doesn’t matter if you used coupons on the item, and it doesn’t matter if you bought anything else in the transaction; the reimbursement is up to the full purchase price (or the stated price of the rebate) of the item. In this case, the rebate is for $10. You’re not using the rebate on the item at the same time you’re using the MFQ, so there is no problem. You’re only submitting for the rebate at a later point and time.

5. Alexis says

Is this the same rebate that has been around a few months? I submitted for a $10 rebate in mid-November and I just got the check this week! :) Love Brita Pitchers, but hate buying filters. If this is a new rebate, can I use it, too???

• Mandi says

Yay! We got our current Brita pitcher 14+ years ago as a wedding present. It’s been looking a little sorry lately. What a great way to replace it!

6. Mandi says

Ooops. I didn’t mean that to go in as a reply to a comment.

Sorry I can’t answer your question!

7. Gina says

Be sure to read the fine print on the rebate. I did this a few months ago and my state was one of a handful in which the rebate did not apply. (CT)

8. Kelly says

I did this deal last time it was out- what a great deal! The rebate came as expected. I bought 2 pitchers (only sent one rebate- still basically got them for free!) and set them aside for Christmas gifts! I think I’ll do the same thing this time- I have some wedding/baby showers coming up that these would be perfect for.

This is awesome! I also know that there was a Target $5 off Brita coupon so going to look there and see the price as well! Thanks so much!

10. Martina says

Just wondering, can you still do the rebate even if you did it last year.. it says one per household

11. B says

I love my pitcher!!!!! They were sold out of the $10-ish ones at Walmart so I just went for a $22 colored large-capacity pitcher. (Still got $15 off with the last set of coupon/rebates)
    It makes the water taste so unbelievably pure that I’ve tripled my water consumption in the past few months. A great investment, and great gift for college students with mini fridges (the slim $10 pitcher fits in most fridge doors).

12. Jennifer says

Is the rebate form still up? When I click the link, it just takes me to their “take the Brita challenge” page.

13. Jean says

Where is the rebate form? The link takes you to the website with the challange. I signed up but did not get the rebate form.

• Armani says

gotta be quick I printed out 3 because I was going to purchase 3 but now I bought paper and there is no coupon in SS for BRITTA???

14. Armani says

What happened to the $4 off Britta coupon in SmartSource? Bought a paper all the coupons are there and SS and there isn’t a coupon for BRITTA? Disappointed

15. Armani says

I have 3 rebates and no coupon but I did however find a $5 off Brita at Targets website but it’s for a 10 cup pitcher which isn’t the greatest deal but it’s a $5 off, if anyone wants my rebates just email me and i will be happy to send it too them

16. Tara says

Well I dont know about everyone else but we did not have a coupon in our paper for the britta. I live in Idaho