This Week’s Menu

{Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites–these were SO good. I doubled the recipe and they only lasted two days!}

Breakfasts

Out to McDonald’s
Scrambled eggs with cheese, apple slices
Toast with peanut butter and bananas
Waffles, scrambled eggs
Oatmeal
Cereal
Glazed Cinnamon Scones, scrambled eggs, fruit salad

Lunches

Macaroni & cheese with baked chopped chicken, green beans
PB&J, carrot sticks, apple slices
Egg salad sandwiches, peas, pears
Refried Beans with cheese, carrot sticks, pear slices
Tossed salad with hard-boiled eggs, feta cheese, and dried cranberries
Leftovers x 2

Snacks

Fruit/veggies
Cheese/crackers
Granola Bars

Dinners

Baked chicken, twice-baked potatoes, mixed greens salad, fruit salad
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake, fruit salad, steamed veggies
Jesse’s Office Christmas Dinner
Homemade Pizza in Less Than 30 Minutes, carrot sticks, pear slices
Black Bean and Beef Taco Bake, steamed veggies, fruit
PB&J, carrots, pears (Jesse’s going to be gone this night, so I’m keeping it simple!)
Hamburgers, tater tots, steamed veggies, fruit

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

1. Diane says

homemade runzas from the freezer
    orange chicken with quinoa
    left overs
    beef stroganoff
    leftovers
    to my parents Saturday and through the weekend for Christmas :)

breakfasts are either oatmeal or pancakes or eggs, nothing too exciting and lunch is usually leftovers or something pretty easy.

• Diane says

But I just saw your cinnamon scone reference and might have to make them!
      I did some freezer cooking today and made 2 big pans each of chicken lasagna and spaghetti pie.

Those cocoa drop cookies were a favorite when my kids were growing up, and now my daughter makes them for her kids.

I’m doing the turkey and hams from Walmart Legend this way I can feed them a bunch of bits and pieces off of these with the homemade soups from the freezer, mixed with the holiday food and I am using the gift box sent by a friend from Omaha steaks for the holiday foods and we have homemade breakfast biscuits for breakfast along with pancakes and french toast. So I think I am done shopping for the rest of the year thankfully I am sick of shopping. We also have apples and pears from the farmers market around the corner (the ladies always give my family some as they know we are all very hungry!) I have to work extra hours now to make up for the price of food going up. I am thankful to have a full freezer! A friend also dropped off a bunch of almost too ripe bananas so those will go in the freezer in Jan we will make breads and muffins with those! I am so greatful for every morsel of food our family has been given it is tough to feed a large family these days regardless of what you do the prices keep going up!

4. Davonne says

I just wanted to let you know that my daughters and I made the Christmas tree brownies to take to my in-laws Christmas celebration, and they were SO cute, plus the cleanup was easy – thanks for posting the link!

Thanks for linking to my Beef and Black Bean Taco Bake. That’s one of our favorites. I hope you enjoy it too. Now I’m off to check out those energy bites!

6. Bonnie says

Crystal– Do you use a dressing with the egg, feta, and cranberry salad? Just want to know before I try serving this to my kiddos! Thanks :)

My children usually go for Ranch. Silas & Kaitlynn are still warming up to eating salads. Kathrynne loves salad, so I’m hoping the other two follow suit! :)

That’s not on this week’s menu since I do our menus from Sunday to Saturday. But we are doing the scones for breakfast on Christmas Eve as just something a little extra special. :)

Yum! This is my first Christmas without my parents, since we moved further away than we’ve ever been with the military. We have many Christmas traditions, but I’m thinking of trying something new this year since it’s just the few of us this holiday season. What I mean is something like a special Christmas morning breakfast. Every year I would like to start baking it (whatever it is) :) to remember how lucky we are to at least have each other. I was thinking of trying monkey bread. Maybe you, or someone else, could recommend something. :)

I’ve been wanting to try the energy bites, too. I hope to get to them over Christmas break. Do you have great Christmas plans? We are already off track of our menu, due to a sick kiddo tonight. Oh well! Thank God for leftovers and ramen noodles :).

Have a VERY Merry Christmas!

8. Emilie says

I make energy bites too…oats, coconut, honey, sunnut butter and mini chocolate chips.
    Perfect grab and go breakfast!

Your week’s menu looks yummy. I’m making your homeade pizza crust this week. I’ve made it a few times, and it’s super easy plus so good. I’m going to try to make some minis for my little guys to make their own pizzas. Hoping they turn out. :)

Glad your family enjoyed the Chocolate No-Bake Energy Bites, Crystal!One batch hardly lasts more than a day around our house… of course, it doesn’t help that I eat like half of it while I’m rolling out the balls.

11. Sarah says

Crystal, do you have an easy recipe for twice baked potatoes? I have seen them on your menu before, so I thought you might have an easy recipe. Thanks!

12. Heather says

Has anyone tried freezing the black bean and beef taco bake? It seems like something my family would love and it’d be great if I could add it to my freezer list!

Ohh that Beef and Black Bean Taco bake looks good! Do you rip up the tortilla shells and add in? That’s the way it looks like in the recipe. I recently saw a quesadilla pie recipe which sounds like this could be good! You take 4 large quesadilla and fill each layer with meats, cheeses, veggies and beans and bake in the oven. The cheese holds it together! It looked very delicious.

14. Lilianne says

So I finally made the cinnamon scones (because they look so good in the picture) but to me they taste like a bland bisquit. Anyone else have this issue? Perhaps puttings some cinnamon in the scone themselves would help?

Have you had scones before? It’s an acquired taste for some, so if you’re not familiar with them that might be why. But did you put plenty of glaze on them as soon as they came out of the oven? The glaze is really what makes them spectacular–and the more, the better! :)

15. Lilianne says

I have had scones before…I LOVED the pumpkin ones you posted a while back. I doubled the glaze but they still were too bisquity for me…I hate to toss food but I guess this recipe just wasn’t for me. I think I’ll stick with ones that have flavoring in the dough as well next time :)

16. Shira says

For the Glazed scones: Do you think I can freeze them right before I bake them? I think I’d pre-slice them before they go in the freezer and then just pull out defrost for an hour or two on the counter and then bake when they reach a semi room temp. Anyone think there would be problems with this? So much easier to just pop in the oven that way!

17. Amanda says

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I was in a complete block about this week’s menu. Now I’m set to go!