One of the things I stress in my upcoming book is the importance of goal-setting. Not only has setting goals and breaking them down into bite-sized pieces revolutionized our finances, but it has also been hugely beneficial in our personal lives.
Before each week begins, I set down and map out goals for the following week in six different categories: Marriage, Mothering, Personal, Home Management, Business, Ministry. While I never actually accomplish every single goal on my list, having a written list gives me purpose, focus, accountability.
It’s always encouraging to review the list at the end of week and see what things I accomplished. You know how you have those days and weeks where you feel like you just go around and around in circles cleaning up one mess after another? Well, having written goals to review at the end of the week helps me to see that I actually did something productive during the week!
As a way to keep myself accountable and hopefully inspire you to consider implementing weekly goal-setting, too, I’m going to be sharing my list of 10 goals each Monday morning. I’d love to have you participate by sharing your goals in the comments.
Next Monday, I’ll post a follow-up post with my progress and will encourage you to share your progress, too!
Note: Since this is a public blog, I won’t be sharing all of my goals (such as my marriage goals, etc.), so if you’re wondering why it seems a little unbalanced in certain areas, that’s why.
10 of My Goals for This Week
1. Start school (I’m so excited about our new curriculum plans this year and the schedule I’ve put together!)
2. Finish reading Revenge of the Red Knight aloud to the children.
3. Put together Busy Bags for Busy Bag Swap.
4. Run 12 miles (total).
Home Management Goals
6. Vacuum underneath beds.
8. Wash, dry, fold, & put away one load of laundry every day (except for Thursday-Saturday when I’m in Indianapolis).
9. Shoot videos and send to publicist.
10. Write two birthday cards, one anniversary card, and one thank you note. Help girls write birthday cards to those who have birthdays this week.
What are your goals for this week? If you feel comfortable doing so, I’d love to have you share 5-10 of them in the comments section. And then come back next week to share your progress!