Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos

Freezer-Friendly-Breakfast-Burritos

My husband loves McDonald’s Breakfast Burritos and I’ve been hoping I could create a homemade version he’d like, as well. These Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos were my first attempt and Jesse absolutely loved them.

I’m not a huge breakfast burrito fan, but I have to say, I think this recipe is a winner. In fact, I can see myself sneaking these from the freezer for mid-morning snack. :)

They are perfect for breakfast-on-the-go, and they are probably loads healthier than the McDonald’s Breakfast Burritos. One thing is for sure, they are significantly less expensive. From my calculations, they would cost around $0.45 per burrito using regularly-priced ingredients from Aldi. If you were able to get some of the ingredients on sale, they could be quite a bit less than that.

Comments

1. Sara says

Does anyone know if Egg Beaters freeze well? Or how I could use them in the burritos? We have a few cartons and would like to keep my husband on His weight Watchers :)

2. Kristine says

Thanks for the recipe. It gave me a dinner idea although I just used it as a springboard and modified it to our tastes. :) Since we don’t eat much meat, my version was vegetarian. I added some frozen O’Brien potatoes, tomatoes, and diced zucchini that I had on hand and needed to use, as well as some garlic (I put garlic in almost everything) and chili powder. Also, I turned it into a casserole by layering tortillas, the cooked egg/veggie mixture, and shredded cheese in a 9″ x 13″ pan and baking at 350 for about 20 minutes. I thought it was very tasty, and my husband said that he liked it, too. I’ll know how much he liked it if he eats the leftovers for breakfast. :)

3. Jenny Goodrich says

Well I gave it a try and I’m ecstatic! I made two dozen breakfast burritos tonight kinda on the fly, and I’m so glad that I did! I added a yellow pepper and more ham than your recipe called for but the eggs were delicious!
    My kids haven’t tried them yet but I love them so even if they won’t eat them I know I will.
    Thank you so much for helping a working mom of two make mornings just a bit more managable! I know I will try more of your freezer ideas now that I’ve done this one! Now just where to put it all……. :)

4. Katy says

I’d love to try these, but I don’t have a microwave! Any suggestions for reheating them in the oven? Do you suppose they’d reheat like the pancakes, maybe?

5. Cheryl Raymond says

I made two batches of these today!! One batch for my son with ham, green pepper and onion oh and potatoes – and who is ALWAYS running late for school, and the other for my husband with just sausage. I think they’ll be very pleased! Thanks so much for the recipe!

6. Erica says

These were so easy to make and so cost-effective. My husband had his first one this morning and said it was great! I’m so happy to know I can feed him a good breakfast every work day for a month for about $4.50! That’s awesome! Thank you!

7. chrystal m says

I tried this recipe yesterday and it is a winner! My 10 year old son and my husband really loved it. We are always rushing in the morning and this will help us all get breakfast done quickly. I did some adjustments. I used a dozen eggs, turkey sausage, sweet georgia vidalia onions, and diced potatoes. We ate it with salsa. My son has already requested to have it again tommorow morning! Thank you for this recipe

8. Erin says

Freezing a batch is a great idea. I make them individually when we have the ingredients and I am motivated, which means once in a blue moon. I just made a batch, which I modified, using 12 eggs, 1/2 large pepper, 1 tsp. serrano pepper, 3/4 large sweet onion, 2 T butter, a bit of Swiss and mozzarella cheese, 8 shakes of Frank’s hot sauce, a bit of water, several grinds of pepper, and several shakes of smoked paprika. Next, time, I will up the veggies even more and probably add a can of Rotel as someone suggested. I think that is a super easy swap even for non-veggie eaters, since even a dozen eggs is a TON. Also, I’ll use more hot sauce (couldn’t even taste it) and black pepper, as well as the small taco-size tortillas to keep portion sizes in check.

9. Sharon says

Thank you for this recipe!! I gave it a try and then we, myself and my children, had them as we were flying out the door and wow, they were great!!!

10. jess says

I made these last night and my husband had one this morning! He said they were delish!!!! Instead of ham, i used the Jimmy Dean maple sausage (to give MORE of a breakfast flavor lol)
    I’m anxious to see how the kids like them

11. Celia says

I made these (veggie style) and they were awesome. Instead of wrapping in paper towels (because they ALWAYS stick to them), I wrapped in plastic wrap and then removed and placed in a paper towel when reheating. I used pepper jack cheese for a kick. This is a staple in our household. Thank you for sharing! This and the crock pot oatmeal is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Susan says

I made these and froze them. I had hoped they would last in the freezer for a bit but my older kids ate them in the next two mornings! They are great. Going to make again and maybe not tell the kids right away. lol