“But I’m too busy to clip coupons!”

Ever felt like clipping coupons was for people who were sitting around twiddling their thumbs with nothing better to do? Well, here’s some good news: clipping coupons can even be done by very busy folks.

In fact, my friend, JessieLeigh, over at Parenting the Tiniest of Miracles, is doing an excellent series to dispel the myth that you don’t have time to clip coupons. She has some fabulous suggestions, including:

::Ideas for clipping coupons while in the car–no, not while you drive!

::Ideas for clipping coupons while at work–she includes ideas for both stay-at-home moms/women and work-outside-home moms/women. And if you’re a guy who’s a coupon clipper, I’m sure some of these suggestions could work for you, too.

::Ideas for including young children in your coupon-clipping–I need to try out more of these suggestions!

There, now you have no excuse! Go multi-task and get those coupons clipped!

When do you clip coupons? Tell us in the comments.

Comments

1. Tina says

Sunday mornings. I sit down with my paper, coffee cup, scissors and envelopes. When I am done reading the paper, I will clip the coupons. Often my guy will chat with me while I do it, and he sometimes gets in on it.

2. Katie Kerr says

I am confused where everyone gets these coupons. I get flyers in the mail but they are for sales that the grocery stores are having. I do not get any extra coupons for food in the mail. Where does everyone get them???

@Katie Kerr,

Hi Katie,

There are lots of places to find coupons, but the two most common are the Sunday paper (there are coupon inserts in there almost every weekend except holidays) and printable coupons from the internet. Hope that helps!

I either clip at home while watching tv with the hubby or I bring my inserts to work with me and clip during my lunch break!

I’m a busy mom of two young children and I work a full-time job in addition to running my blog. I keep my coupons in my car and clip at red lights, when I’m sitting in a drive-thru, or sitting in a doctor’s office. I make the most of every spare moment.

5. savin4morefamily says

My hubby and I are able to carpool on Mondays, so I’m learning to clip and sort while he drives; there’s simply not enough time at home. But my preschooler is about to need some scissor-training – and is eager to join in on coupons – so I should have a helper-in-training soon!