I often receive emails from people asking if I know of a blogger in their area who blogs about local deals. I'm usually not able to take the time to answer all these emails and I often can't keep up with exactly who blogs about what and where. But these emails have made me realize how much of a need there is for a state-by-state frugal blogger directory.
A few weeks ago, I discovered–much to my excitement!–that Bargain Briana had taken on the mammoth task of creating a state-by-state listing of frugal bloggers. Her creative directory, The Frugal Map, just rolled out today and you'll definitely want to stop by and check it out.
The Frugal Map was created to help readers find their perfect blog
match. Whether the perfect blog match is by category, store, location,
there is a blog out there for your particular style.
At launch, there are 35 bloggers on the map. I would
love to get the map filled out as much as possible with bloggers all
over the country! If you aren’t included on the map, please read
submission guidelines along with the form here.
The Frugal Map has some unique features:
- Frugal Map Function: Allows users to find a blogger near their location in an interactive map format.
- Search Function: Allows users to search multiple blogs across the Frugal Map Network.
- Hottest Deal RSS Feed: Gives users the most recent hot deals from the bloggers in the Frugal Map Network.
- Specific Store Landing Pages: Allows users a one
stop resource for for store deals including blogger store deal links,
resources, and FAQ for the particular store.
- Specific Blogger Landing Pages: Allows users to
read more about their favorite blogs and connect with them via Twitter,
Facebook, RSS, and specific store deal links.
- Embeddable iFrame: Embed The Frugal Map on your blog as a resource for your readers.