MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

The Ultimate Aldi, Costco & Sam’s Club Price Comparison Chart

aldisamscostco-705x1024

Passionate Penny Pincher put together the ultimate Aldi, Costco & Sam’s Club price comparison chart. This is super helpful to know where to get the best prices on staple items.

10 Comments

• Dave says:

I love you for this helpful comparison!!!

• Becky says:

Perfect timing. My sister who lives in TX, told me that in October an Aldi’s will open up in her city. She is so excited, I’m a little bit jealous 🙂 I live in AZ and we don’t have Aldi’s. I am so excited for her. I printed this and am sending it to her.

• Christy says:

One just opened in my town last week. I walked around and wrote down the prices of items we regularly buy. We also have a Sam’s membership. Love this.

• Elizabeth says:

Great list. It is important to count the cost of the membership too. Are you making you $50 back and still saving? With Aldi I don’t have to buy a membership so I think I can afford the few cents more for vanilla twice a year and still come out ahead!

• christine says:

We bought a ladder on sale at Costco savings on that more than paid for my membership and then some. Next year bought flat screen TV great savings more than paid for that and then some. It depends what your in the market for.

• Mary Brady says:

Stopped going to Sams Club when the managers starting charging unreasonable rates for memberships, also very loud and hard to get products into charts. Been over 10 years. We do have an Aldi in town and it is run poorly in my opinion. The produce is always picked over and never looks like anyone cares. Not a lot of staple’s for me. I cook from scratch and some box items odd brands and used a few, not very good quality for the price. Meat looked bad, old and discolored. Costco is good quality and prices are reasonable for what they offer, but we find B.J.s a little less expensive and takes coupons that Costco doesn’t. Go to local merchants most who help our local economy and support them for most of our purchases. they are very competitive and much better quality for the $$.

• Brenda Conner says:

Great list will be very helpful

• Elizabeth says:

Thanks for sharing! I need to find one that adds Walmart into the mix as well eventually. Any suggestions?

• lisa Johnson says:

Thanks sooo much. This website is so very helpful!

• Pam says:

I appreciate the comparison chart. However it seems a little misleading to me. Sam’s and Costco are big box stores. They sell most items in bulk – this provides a huge savings, so their cost per unit price will be lower than Aldi (or any other smaller grocer) a majority of the time. Why would someone compare 2 box stores to a smaller store that does not sell in bulk and expect meaningful data? They seem to be in two different categories to me.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy