MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

My 12 Goals for 2015

12226762164_5f6978eae4_k

After bombing most of my 2014 goals, I went back to the drawing board and decided to drastically simplify my goals for this year and focus on those that would really be soul-filling for myself and encourage me to really invest in my marriage and children.

I spent a few weeks considering what worked and what didn’t work and what I wanted my priorities to be in 2015. After contemplating this, I wrote out a rough draft of my goals and then went over them with Jesse last week and he helped me refine and tweak them.

My Goals for 2015

I’ve been sitting on my finalized goal list for a week and I have to tell you that I’m so excited about these goals for 2015!

They feel challenging but still realistic and this is making me all inspired and motivated — instead of feeling like I’d set goals that were so lofty inspiring and motivating.

Without further ado, here’s my finalized list (and yes, some of you are going to be very excited to see that I’ve included financial goals again!):

My 12 Goals for 2015

Marriage

• Read 1 book per month on marriage.
  • Write at least 1 love note to Jesse each week.

Motherhood

• Read at least 1 book aloud to the kids per month.
  • Write 1 love note to each child every month.

Myself

MoneySavingMom.com

• Hire a local personal assistant.
  • Launch 2 courses (we’re planning one for spring and one for fall — stay tuned!)
  • Launch our new product line (slated to soft launch in the summer).
  • Release my third book (slated to come out November 2015).

Money

• Increase last year’s overall giving totals by 10% in 2015.
  • Finish funding our Rental House #3 Savings Account (we’re beginning the year at 35% funded).

So there you have it! I’ll post updates at the beginning of each month to let you know the progress I made in the previous month.

What are YOUR goals for 2015?

If you set goals for this year, I’d love to hear what they are! Leave a comment listing them or linking over to your blog post about them. Here’s to a year of living with purpose, intentional, impact, and meaning!

The-Goal-Planning-Workbook-819x1024

Need some goal-setting help?

Check out this post on 10 Questions for Moms to Ask in the New Year and 35 Spiritual Goal Ideas for the New Year.

You can also sign up for a FREE Goal-Planning Workbook.

104 Comments

• I love that you divide your goals into categories! I’ll have to remember that for next year. I wrote about my goals for 2015 here: http://wildflowerfour.com/good-bye-2014-hello-2015/ Best of luck to you in 2015!

• Kathy H. says:

Love this idea….thanks

• Sally says:

I separate my goals into categories as well. I talk about the system that has worked well for me in my post http://thehealthyhappywoman.com/live-passion-purpose-2015/. One of the biggest helps for goal setting has been your book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode (which I recommend in that post!). I’m about to read your book again for the 3rd time 🙂
    Thanks for being so transparent with your priorities and goals. You really are inspiring!

• I love all of your more personal posts, but the goals are very encouraging. I’m new to writing out my yearly goals and don’t have a final list yet. Some of my goals are to read 3 chapter books per month to my kids, read 1 health/wellness/green living book for myself per month, have 1 stay in date with my husband per month, and get rid of $15k in debt over the year. My original debt goal was $10k but after blowing past my blog view goal for December I decided to try to push myself in other areas instead of just aiming for what seems easiest. I figured $15k in 2015 seemed appropriate. I have a tendency to over fill my to do’s so I’m trying to avoid that with my goals for the year, especially since baby number 3 is due in February.

• Nicole says:

I’d like to know if you have any inexpensive bible study book reccomendations. I would love to have a bible study to go along with my bible reading but I have never really found anything that works. I have used the internet ones before but it is really not relaxing doing bible study while sitting at the computer desk. As far as yearly goals..last year I set some and I think I lost the notebook and totally did not keep any. We moved to nashville in august so that made a big difference. And now I’m really scared to set any goals because we are moving….back to new york and I just feel like I’ll be disappointed if I set any. Not only that but our fourth baby is due in may and we already have 3 little ones who take alot of time. I’d like to set organizational goals, goals for my bible reading and goals for my marriage and children…but it just seems like its never going to work out.

• Summer says:

I love your ideas for goal setting! I am trying to set specific goals for each month this year in hopes that I might actually succeed at these goals (as opposed to past fails, haha!) Your ability to set and attain goals is an inspiration and helps keep me at mine, thanks! 🙂

• Emily Moye says:

I love writing goals almost as much as I love crossing them off! I finally finished mine for this year. I also find it helpful to organizing my goals by different areas of my life. http://www.traditionallymodernmom.blogspot.com Thanks for sharing yours and being such an encouragement!

• I love that you are so intentional with goals. I finally finished mine last night after praying and working on them all of December. I know you have some big goals this year but I bet you’ll be able to smash them all 🙂

• Melissa says:

I love the transparency we get from your posts! I am so thankful for your honesty about missing the goals in some areas for 2014! I have been so inspired by your list that I have sat down over the last few days and made out a list of goals for our family for 2015. I am excited to have a goal & focus – now to break them down into smaller monthly/weekly goals so they don’t seem daunting and I have a better chance at meeting them all by year end!

• Great goals. Here’s where I’ve written about my goals for the New Year. 🙂

• 2015 feels exciting & fresh in a very calm way to me. I’m really looking forward to moving forward with our debt snowball, but also funding a family vacation next summer. Thank you for continuing to inspire me in the New Year Crystal. 🙂

• I’ve decided to set monthly goals this year. My January goals are here: http://jennannchandler.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-2015-goals.html

I’m hoping blogging about them will help motivate me to actually accomplish them! 🙂

• Christie says:

Hi Crystal! Love your goals post and all your encouragement from your blog. Here are my goals for 2015: http://smallstepsbigpicture.com/2015/01/10/2015-a-year-for-simple-goals/

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy