Jesse joined a gym here in TN not too long ago and has been working toward some ambitious fitness goals. As a result, he’s been looking for recipes that pack a nutritious punch.
Yesterday, he made these Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes and we thought they were pretty good — especially for their high protein content.
Here’s how he tweaked the recipe:
Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
- 1 scoop protein powder (can leave out if you’re not interested in high protein content)
- 2 Tablespoons whole-wheat flour (or almond flour)
- 2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt or cottage cheese (we used cottage cheese since that’s what we had on hand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ripe banana (medium sized)
Put all ingredients into a blender (we used our Vita-Mix) and blend together until thick and creamy and bake on a greased skillet or griddle.
Recipe adapted from Born Fitness
What are your favorite high-protein, high-nutrition recipes? I’d love to know!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!