MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes

Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes

Jesse joined a gym here in TN not too long ago and has been working toward some ambitious fitness goals. As a result, he’s been looking for recipes that pack a nutritious punch.

Yesterday, he made these Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes and we thought they were pretty good — especially for their high protein content.

Here’s how he tweaked the recipe:

What are your favorite high-protein, high-nutrition recipes? I’d love to know!

32 Comments

• Leah says:

Does leaving out the protein powder change the consistency? (Do you have to put in more flour?)

• Amy says:

Yum! I am dairy free, so if anyone tries them without the dairy, I’d love to know how they come out. Or, I might just try them and see. If I do, I’ll report back.

• Libby says:

I have a recipe almost identical without yogurt and it works the same! instead of flour it asked for oats but it does the same thing! Try it out! I think you would love it!

• Sara K. says:

This sounds good! I won’t use the protein powder right now since my exercise regimen is pretty much non-existent, but I will keep that in mind for the future maybe. The rest sounds like a nice breakfast! I’m working on building a solid variety of healthy breakfasts, and this fits the bill 🙂

• Jessica says:

YUM! I will try these, thank you!. I really enjoy the canned Kirkland brand chicken from Costco by itself with some veggies on the side. It is easy for me to take to work and very filling.

• What kind of protein powder do you use? I think I’ll try making these but want to make sure I can find a gf protein powder.

• Charis says:

What kind of protein powder do you use?

• Megan says:

Quinoa is great for people looking for more protein. I make a yummy pilaf: sauteed onions and quinoa in a bit of olive oil. Add chicken stock and simmer with the lid on until the liquid is absorbed. Then add some parsley and enjoy!

• emily says:

I really like Ultimate Muscle Protein (UMP). You can bake with it and use it in recipes like this. It’s very low sugar too.

You could consider using PB2 in this recipe plus water in lieu of the peanut butter. It would remove a lot of the fat content.

• We make these protein pancakes (if you are looking for a high(er) protein pancake recipe without protein powder) – http://mommysgettingstrong.com/oatmeal-protein-pancakes/
    The protein comes from the egg whites rather than protein powder. I don’t mind protein powder myself (and use it quite a bit!) but I prefer not to give it to my kids, so I use this recipe for the “family pancakes” 🙂

• Libby says:

Me too! I got the recipe almost identical to yours from a celebrity fitness thing of mummy fit on youtube. Great recipe!

• Libby says:

I have a super quick and easy recipe for homemade larabars as well if you are looking for something that you and Jesse can have as well as your children! My daughter Miss M. is 15 months and it is a great way to get her to eat and try different things! Let me know if you want it!

• Heidi says:

I make protein peanut butter cups.

1 scoop chocolate protein powder add just enough water to make it runny
    let it freeze in a silicone ice cube tray (it’s easier to pop them out of, the smaller the tray the better)
    once that is frozen put a little peanut butter or any kid of nut butter then mix up another scoop of protein powder and water add that to the top and let it freeze.
    These are so good my 5 year old requests them. These can get messy as they melt so you might want to cut them to bite size.

• I love Prime90 protein powder from Zija International. I use the dutch chocolate in a yummy peanut butter, banana, chocolate protein shake (mixed with almond or coconut milk) after my workouts. This protein powder is packed with whey protein, Moringa proprietary mix, cane sugar, dutch cocoa and fruit pectin…that’s it!!! Five ingredients. Love giving it to my kids!!! Comes in vanilla bean as well! If you want more information, let me know. The health benefits of Moringa oleifera are AMAZING!!!!

• farhana says:

Looks great. What kind of protein powder do you use Crystal?
    TIA.

• birthrightrose says:

Use whole eggs, not just the whites. The nutrition is in the yolks!

• Ann says:

How many pancakes does this recipe make? Thanks!

• Chrysti says:

I often add leftover cooked quinoa to my pancake batter- it gives them a slightly nutty flavor, and they are so tasty! Great way to sneak in extra protein.

• guest says:

I bet these would be great with PB2 which has less fat and comes in powder form!

• AB says:

Am I reading the ingredients list wrong? If I leave out the protein powder, I see only 5 tablespoons (~2.5 oz) of ingredients plus 4 egg whites plus one banana.

• Jen says:

Was just reminded of this recipe the other day, I used to make these all the time, and have been waiting for a cool morning to bake. 🙂 I know I liked almond butter best (less flavor than PB) and used a little extra honey, and chocolate chips of course! I also added flax to make a nicer texture. They’re a good protein-full snack….and I bet you could add protein powder too!

• Thanks so much for sharing!

• Jen says:

Also a favorite easy meal is cooked up ground beef or sausage with onion, spinach, other veggies, then add cooked quinoa (I like it made with broth). Tons of protein but easy and also actually freezes well for a quick lunch! I make a huge batch then freeze in small containers.

• Ginger says:

*Drool* Since we can’t do peanut butter in our house, I’m wondering if they would still be yummy with almond butter. Hmmm… I’m sensing a weekend breakfast!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy