MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #3

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

I’ve set aside the month of March to really focus on organization in my home and life. And I’d love for you to join me!

Every weekday morning at around 10 a.m. EST, I’ll be posting the day’s assignment and then every evening at around 8 p.m. EST, I’ll be posting my progress and pictures, along with a link-up for you to share your progress and pictures, too.

Day 3 Assignment

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great {there’s something about dressing in clothes that make you feel great that just gives you more energy and zest for life!}

::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, refer to your list of weekly goals, and make a list of no more than 5-7 specific things you want to accomplish today.

::Complete your morning routine {if you don’t have a morning routine, take some time to create one today! Read my How to Develop a Routine That Works–And Stick With It series for step-by-step help.}

::Set the timer for 15 minutes and do a quick-clean of your bedroom: throw out any trash, put away items that are out of place, get rid of clutter, tidy up, vacuum, and make your bed.

::Clean out your freezer(s). If you need step-by-step help, read this guide on How to Clean Out Your Freezer.

::Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.

Note: If you work outside the home or have a really busy week with little time for extra projects, just do the bolded project above.

Get Your Free Ebook + Printable Checklists

I put together an ebook with encouraging articles, all the daily assignments, plus printable checklists so you can know exactly what’s planned for the month and to allow you to work at your own pace, if you’d like. To grab your free ebook so you can participate in this challenge, just fill out the form below with your name and email address. You’ll need to confirm your email address and then your free ebook will be sent to you instantly.

Are you planning to join us today? If so, leave a comment below!

Other posts in the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge series

1. Join us for the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge!
  2. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #1
  3. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #2
  4. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #2 (update)
  5. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #3
  6. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #3 (update)
  7. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #4
  8. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #4 (update)
  9. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #5
  10. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #5 (update)
  11. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #6
  12. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #6 (update)
  13. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #7
  14. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #7 (update)
  15. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #8
  16. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #8 (update)
  17. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #9
  18. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #9 (update)
  19. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #10
  20. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #11
  21. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #11 (update)
  22. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #12
  23. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #12 (update)
  24. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #13
  25. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #13 (update)
  26. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #14
  27. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #14 (update)
  28. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #15
  29. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #15 (update)
  30. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #16
  31. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #16 (update)
  32. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #17
  33. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #17 (update)
  34. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #18
  35. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #18 (update)
  36. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #19
  37. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #19 (update)
  38. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #20

22 Comments

• I’m in. I’ve been enjoying these daily challenges. (Only have 1 task left for today)

• Jen says:

Is there a way to see the assignment earlier than the day you post it? I only ask because I would have loved to do this project today, but I can’t do it without some notice ahead of time (it just wouldn’t work to defrost my freezer today, but that DOES need to get done).

• Sarah says:

I’m still plugging through the past two days tasks along with today’s. But things are getting done, so it’s ok that I’m behind! 🙂 Love these challenges. Keep ’em coming!

• grace says:

procrastinating the freezer….todays the day i guess 😀 my bedroom will take way more than 15 minute HAHA 15 hours maybe. It seems to be the catch all for everything the kids shouldnt have.

• Sarah in Alaska says:

Thank you for this challenge. It’s just what I need. And I’m not going to stress out about only doing the bolded things this time around. I work outside the home and have evening committments Monday, Wednesday, Friday this week too, so it’s the bold items only…and I’m a day behind already, but excited to participate.
    Last night I cleaned out my purse, work bag and church bag. The fridge and freezer will be sometime after 7 pm tonight.

• Nancy says:

WooHoo!! I finished everything– now for some me time!! Thanks for the motivation.

• Molly says:

Well, I did the first one where you cleaned out your purse and stuff. I can’t believe the stuff I had in there! Wow. I was not able to clean out the fridge yesterday. Since I work outside the home, that will have to be done during the weekend. As for todays, well, the same thing, the freezer will have to be defrosted later. I will be on vacation next week so I will be able to get those things done then. As for writing down the goals, I haven’t done that, but I have them in my head and I was able to start the morning routine where after the kids leave for school, I clean up for 15 minutes before I leave for work. That way the are is ready for the evening. All in all, things are coming along. Thanks for the challenge.

• Lisa W says:

I’m reading the challenges, but due to life circumstances most do not apply. This week I moved into a friends guest room and put things in storage. Today I donated a lamp, game, and platter. Monday night I donated 2 bags of clothes and I have a third in process. Last week I sent 3 large loads of household goods to the donation center.

• Tammy says:

I got everything done, and got my house ready for company! 😀

• jan says:

Joining today! Need to catch up, but it will be worth it!
    Thanks!!

• Maureen says:

Tidying the bedroom felt awesome–it’s amazing what you can get done when you have just a short time window! I even vacuumed under the bed to get those dust bunnies. However, cleaning the fridge took me over two hours–it is gleaming but I hope the freezer will be a little faster if I can get to it tomorrow!
    Again, thanks for the awesome motivation! 🙂

• Moira says:

joining

• Stephanie says:

Catching up from after a few insane work days that kept me away 8 am – 10pm. The freezer is cleaned and organized as we eat our way thru it this month!

A clean bedroom feels so great! I even swept the floor (hardwoods that collect dust)

My 7 items today: 1 phone book to recycle, stopwatch to add to yard sale pile, 2 bracelets, name tag, old gum and pack of mints tossed.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy