MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Gretchen’s CVS Shopping Trip: $50+ worth of products for $4 out of pocket!

CVS Shopping Trip

1 Kit Kat Minis – $2.67
Used $2.50/1 CVS printable (no longer available)

2 Infusium Shampoo – $5 each
Used 2 $2/1 coupon from the 8/18 SmartSource insert

2 Revlon Lipstick – $6.99 each
Used 2 $1/1 printable
And used $4/$12 cosmetics CVS coupon from in-store coupon machine

Always Pantiliners (80 ct) – $6.99
Used $2/1 coupon from the 7/28 P&G insert

Used $14 ECBs from my last shopping trip

And used $3 off CVS coupon from my email inbox (Birthday rewards!)

Total before coupons, sales and ECBs: $50.64

Total with tax ($1.90) after coupons, sales and ECBs: $4.04, Received $3 ECBs (for buying 1 Always), $4 ECBs (for buying 2 Infusium) and $8 ECBs (for buying 2 Revlon)

12 Comments

• Need A Nap2 says:

For those who don’t know, Birthday Rewards is when you sign up for the CVS Beauty Club. It’s free to join and you get $3 ECB for your birthday. The Beauty Club also gives you $5 ECB when you spend $50 on beauty products (it adds up so you don’t have to buy all at once and you’ll see on your receipt how long until your reward).

• Lynda says:

I must be missing something here, when I add up the prices she has listed and the sales tax, I come up with $35.54 not $50.64.

• Nice job! I still need to go to CVS this week!

• Precious says:

You did fantastic. I didn’t do as well as you but got a few things I needed for $ 10.03 after ECB’s and coupons. You can read about it here:

• Christine says:

Nice shopping trip, Gretchen!! CVS is the best place to coupon, and learn how to coupon. ..Happy Birthday, too! 🙂

• Kimber says:

Happy birthday, Gretchen – and thanks for all that you contribute to this site! Everyone loves your posts – you (and Crystal, of course) keep us motivated!! 🙂

• Anne says:

Great job! Thanks for sharing with us!

We don’t have CVS in the Seattle-area but I’ve learned how to get comparable deals at Rite Aid by rolling those +Up Rewards like you roll your ECBs. I think your shopping trips are instructive no matter what!

• Kristie says:

Good job on the couponing–although I have to admit that those of us who do Dollar General (as in, $1.00 lipstick) are still picking up our jaws off the floor over that $50 pre-sale price tag. You definitely have to know your game to win at CVS, or you could spend a bunch of money on . . . shampoo and chocolate. 🙂 Glad you had your coupons in tow, though.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy