MoneySavingMom.com

3 Fruit/Veggie Shredz Snacks – Marked down to $0.99 each

1 Cheese Puffs – Marked down to $0.99

Total with tax: $6.40

Dillons

Transaction #1

2 Carefree Liners – $1 each, used 2 $0.50/1 printable – Free after coupons

2 Huggies Diapers – $9.49 each, used 2 $3/1 printable (no longer available) – $6.49 each after coupons

Total with tax: $14.44, Received $4 catalina and $5 catalina (for buying Huggies diapers)

Transaction #2

Used $9 catalinas from Transaction #1

Total with tax: $5, Received $4 catalina and $5 catalina (for buying Huggies diapers)

Transaction #3

1 Bolillo Rolls – Marked down to $0.49 (will use this for sub sandwiches)

1.5 lbs Sweet Potatoes @ $1.09/lb – $1.64

2 VanCamp’s Beans – $0.50, used 2 $0.35/1 coupon from the 5/5 SmartSource insert (doubled) – Free after coupons

1 Lemon – $0.39

1 Dillons Hamburger Buns – $1, used $0.40/1 store coupon (from mailer) – $0.60 after coupon

1 Kellogg’s Cinnabon Cereal – Marked down to $1.21, used $0.75/1 printable (doubled to $1) – $0.21 after coupon

1 Kroger Natural Peanut Butter – $2

1 Nestle Drumstick Cones – $2.99, used $1/1 printable – $1.99 after coupon

1 Smart Balance Butter – $1.50, used $0.50/1 coupon from the 5/12 SmartSource insert – $0.50 after coupon

2 Ramen Noodles – $0.20 (My hubby loves it when I make sure we always have a few of these on hand.)

2 Scotch-Brite Sponges – $1 each, used $1/2 coupon from the 5/19 SmartSource insert – $0.50 each after coupon

1 Muir Glen Tomato Paste – $1.29, used $0.75/1 printable (doubled to $1) – $0.29 after coupon

1 Muir Glen Tomato Sauce – $1.49, used $0.75/1 printable (doubled to $1) – $0.49 after coupon

4 BeechNut Fruities – $1 each, used 2 $1/1 printable and 2 $0.75/1 printable (doubled to $1) – Free after coupons

1 Heinz Ketchup – $1, used $0.25/1 coupon from the 5/19 SmartSource insert (doubled) – $0.50 after coupon

1 King Hawaiian Rolls (4 ct) – $1.29, used $1/1 coupon from the 5/12 RedPlum insert – $0.29 after coupon

1 Kroger Cheese – $1.67

Total with tax after coupons: $18.70

Total for all grocery items: $50.61

Menu Plan for this Week

Breakfasts

Oatmeal, Applesauce, Cereal, Toast, Fruit

Lunches

Sub Sandwiches, Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Scrambled Eggs (I get Farm Fresh eggs from my younger brother each week – yum!)

Dinners

Hamburgers (Crystal gave us a variety of frozen meats over the weekend – yes, I’m pretty spoiled to have her for my sister!), Baked Beans, Chips, Fruit

Chicken Spaghetti in Garlic Gravy, Rolls, Tossed Salad (Our garden is overflowing with lettuce right now!)

Lemon Salmon, Steamed Broccoli

Pancakes, Eggs, Hashbrowns

Lemon Chicken Fajitas, Strawberries (I just discovered today that our garden is bursting with strawberries, too!)

Date Night (we ended up getting sick last week so we had to postpone our date night to this week)

Dinner with my parents

15 Comments

• AmazonsRock says:

Where on the Muir Glen Facebook page would I find the coupon(s)? These are our favorite canned tomato products because they’re organic, and they don’t line the cans with BPA!

• Diane says:

Big sisters are great, aren’t they? 🙂 Thanks for sharing your shopping trip.

• Cheri A says:

Awesome job! 🙂

• Laura says:

Thanks for sharing~love seeing how others stretch their grocery bucks! 🙂

• I love it when Muir Glen offers the coupons! I always stock up.

Enjoyed this post… it’s been a while since our household of eight has been able to grocery shop for $50 a week!

• The lemon salmon sounds so good, and looks so easy to make. I’m so encouraged to read how others are making a frugal meal plan and how they shop.

• ClareC. says:

I was waiting to see your shopping/menu post for this week. Thanks for sharing, Gretchen!

• Kate says:

Love this! Thank you for taking the time to put these together…I look forward to them.

• Amie says:

Well, your $50 trips have inspired me to try to get back on track with shopping. I’ve been running closer to $75 per week for several mos. I checked blogs for coupon match-ups and went to Kroger and Walmart. At Kroger, I bought: 8 Fruities (free), Crest toothpaste(free), Kroger Doritos, Kroger Cotton Balls, Carefree liners, 4 Ronzoni pasta, Kroger tortillas, 2 Kraft Fresh Take (free – I just use the cheese and never the bread crumbs), 2 BC cake mixes, 100 ct Tea, frozen veggies, 2 doz eggs, powdered sugar, 3 Suave deodorant, 3 Wishbone salad dressing, ketchup, 2 peanut butter, shortening, canola spray, & Mgr’s Special: milk, pork chops, class cleaner, napkins, & instant oatmeal. At Walmart: 6 Kit Kat minis and 2 Pull Ups Flushable Wipes. I spent just shy of $52 and got a $2 catalina from Kroger and will get a 75 cent Saving Star deposit. Earlier in the week, I shopped CVS and bought an 18 roll double-pack of Scott tp, 2 Jergens small lotions, and 2 M&Ms for around $4 oop and $4.25 ECBS. I was able to get my sons their cake mixes and ingredients for upcoming b-days and I added to my stockpile. Now, I just need to get back to menu planning. I know we’ll cook a turkey from the freezer, do nacho night, and pork chops and mac & ch this week. It shouldn’t be a problem.

• Gina says:

Impressive! And very interesting to see that our Aldi here in Florida is more expensive ($2.79 for milk compared to $1.99; $1.79 for strawberries compared to $0.99, etc.)

• Jamie says:

Thank you! I look forward to these!

• Shelly says:

Our garden has a bunch of strawberries but they are still green. I am hoping we get some more sun this weekend to help ripen them up.

• B says:

Love that the shopping trips and deal ideas are back on the site again – really enjoy and find it useful that meal plan is included too!!!!!! (I didn’t look too closely but are the meals based on the deals from her shopping trip described in the post?) Please keep these posts coming!!!! Similar posts are why I started following MSM regularly way back in the begining.

• Amie says:

After reading this post, and looking into the Huggies deal, I found that the $3 off coupon is available again! It makes for a great deal on Huggies Slip Ons. I bought 2 packs with the $2 off coupon and then was able to print 4 of the $3 off coupons. It looks like I will be headed back to Kroger before this deal ends. I hate paying full price for diapers. With the $2 off coupon, I paid about $3 per pack after Catalinas so it will be $2 per pack with the $3 off coupon. I love Gretchen’s posts. Please keep them coming.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy