MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Frugal Fun: Pretend Play Washer and Dryer

aMomWithaLessonPlan.com shows you how to make a pretend washer and dryer.

7 Comments

• September says:

When my son was small he was obsessed with laundry and ironing. For his second birthday my sister hunted down on ebay a little tykes washer/dryer/ironing board playset–I shudder to think of how much she probably paid for it but he LOVED that toy and used it every day for years! He’s six now and even as I’ve purged and gotten rid of things that’s the one biggish toy that I’ve kept in case we have another one.

• I love this! I’m thinking that you could put a laundry basket inside with a cut out in the back to slide out the basket and use them as fun hampers!

• RMH says:

hmmm…you got me thinking…something like this would make a cute dirty laundry sorter in a kid’s room (one for lights & one for darks).

• Kim says:

How cute!!

• L says:

Love it, don’t all kids love mini adult items. My best memory of kindergarten was the wooden stove and sink they had (very homemade looking) because I didn’t have a toy one at home. My kids would LOVE this, may be something I keep stored in my memory for a cold winter day idea… better start a list!

• Tonya says:

How cute! My 4 year old really does her own laundry with minimal supervision from me (mostly to pour the soap and hang things on hangers). I have no idea why, but she’s taken a liking to housework. I am not complaining! One day she won’t want to do it anymore!

• Kristi B. says:

My 5 year-old took the initiative to find 2 empty, small cardboard boxes and set up her own “washer and dryer” in her room a couple od weeks ago. She has her baby doll clothes in a “clothes basket” and informed me that she had to do her dolls’ laundry! Love this idea!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy