MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Free ebook: Copycat Girl Scout Cookie Recipes

Love Girl Scout Cookies? Download a free CopyCat Recipes ebook featuring eight different recipes for Girl Scout Cookies.

photo credit

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

18 Comments

• The recipes look yummy…but just a heads up for your readers… if you download the PDF cookbook, it really just lists descriptions/pics of the recipes. You have to click a link in the cookbook which takes you back to the website for the recipe. (ie. you can’t download the cookbook and print out the recipes.) So it’s probably easier/faster to just explore the copycat recipe website and print the recipes you want right from there.

• Jen says:

Yes, I agree with the above comment. I think it’s a bit misleading to say this is a “free download”. The free download is just an ad and you have to click through about a million things to get to the “recipes”. Struck me as a ploy for clicks more than “free recipes”. Just FYI.

• Aimee says:

I would agree with the above comments. An ebook should include all of the recipes. It shouldn’t require click-throughs and seems a deceptive practice to increase your metrics.

• Debra says:

I didn’t like all the run around, but I am glad the links are there to connect to, because we have food allergies in my household and need to stay clear away from girl scout cookies, but now we can make our own safe alternatives.

• Christy says:

I need a discount code for Weight Watchers to go along with this book!

• Carrie says:

There goes our sales goal for this year. 😉

• Jessica says:

Disappointing and misleading. Not all of the cookies are copycat recipes, but rather “loose interpretations”. 🙁

• eli says:

As a longtime Girl Scout leader, please consider paying a few bucks and buying the real thing! This is such a worthy organization and the process of selling cookies can teach girls so many lifelong entrepreneurial skills!

• Elizabeth says:

Love Girl Scout cookies? Buy them.

• Heather Neely says:

I buy enough to last part of a year…but in those in between times when I *really* need a thin mint this could come in handy. 🙂 I’m sure nothing will ever be as good as the real thing, but it’s worth a shot.

• jill says:

A great fake out Thin Mint…. melt tollhouse dark chocolate and mint morsels and pour over ritz crackers. Close your eyes and you would never know the difference.

• cindy says:

I have two daughters in gscouts and am a leader. I totally agree with above comments. We work really hard selling cookies. It is an awesome organization worth support. Each troop gets such a small amount per box sold and the girls and moms have to endure alot to make those sales!! The boxes we bought in Oct are good through Sept in the pantry and much longer than that if frozen. Buy for the whole year!!!!

• courtney says:

I don’t know any girl scouts where I currently live. There is occassionally a girl scout troop in front of the grocery store, but only on Sundays, and I don’t shop on Sundays. Also, $4/box ($4.50 is what my friend paid!) is a lot of money when I can generally make 12 cookies for about $0.75.

And while I know that a lot of troops work really hard (my neices, and mother in law are involved), the times I have seen the local Girl Scouts selling cookies they have a table set up and are talking to each other, not paying any attention to people walking buy.

Just an outsiders opinion.

• Martina says:

I never bought Girl Scout cookies, but i do like the Ice Cream that has them in it. I do feel sorry for the Girls being pressured into selling overpriced stuff, and i cant stand when schools do the same for fundraisers. One Mom said it would teach the Girls about Finances etc., which is okay, but there are better ways to do that.

• Eliza says:

I am a girl scout leader. We accept all girls regardless of ability to pay. We spend our time on food drives, helping out at the local food pantry, helping at the senior center, nature programs, camping, and other educational programs. We don’t even discuss sexuality. Our girls come from different religious backgrounds and we all work together to learn to be leaders and be of service to our community.

I think it says a lot about the popularity of the cookies when copy cat recipes are available. You can always ask the troop what they are using the money for and decide whether or not you choose to donate.

Sorry to hear that some girls aren’t so focused on customer service but remember they are young and still learning.

• Lauren says:

I was a Girl Scout and still love the cookies, but every year the price seems to go up and up — while it is a worthy organization, I simply cannot afford to pay $4.50 a box. If I happen upon a scout selling cookies, I always buy a box or two but in my large family it is not even enough to share! I would be more than willing to buy more cookies if the price were somewhat affordable. It makes me sad to hear the local troops only get a small portion of the proceeds. I would rather my money stay in the community and not go flying up to pay the salaries of the corporate few.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy