MoneySavingMom.com

2 12″ wooded ruler with metal edge — $0.01 each

2 Schoolio crayons, 24 pack — $0.01 each

2 Dixon #2 pencils, 10 pack — $0.10 each

4 Schoolio composition books, 100 sheets — $0.50 each

Total with tax: $2.40

13 Comments

• That’s just amazing. What great prices!

• Jessica says:

No Office Max in these here parts.

• Debbie Sanderson says:

Did you need any coupons to get those deals?

• Julie in IN says:

You could have gotten double the limit since you are a teacher; just ask about teacher limits next time.

• See how I did at OfficeMax. Should have seen above post before going, and I would have picked up more composition books.

• Do you have some proof of homeschooling yet? (I know your kids are young, and in my state you have to wait until they are 1st grade before getting the official form.) If you do, go in and get a MaxPerks Teacher Card. Today was teacher day and I got an extra 20% off, plus I was able to get double the limit of the above items. They also had treats, plus a reusable bag with coupons, products (post-its, paperclips, a planner with coupons, etc) and a $5 off any purchase at Payless coupon.

• Tara says:

Jessica, I asked about signing up at my Office Max but was told that they don’t give the teacher card to homeschoolers. I was bummed because I went there tonight (8-1) just for the teacher perks. What kind of form are you talking about?

• Julie says:

For those of you who don’t have an Office Max close to you (like me), don’t forget that Office Max, Office Depot, and Staples all price match. All you have to do is show the flyer from the store with the price you want!!

• Emilie says:

I went and with my 20% teacher discount and tax spent 21 cents. I got two rulers, two boxes of 24 ct crayons and two 10 pack of dixon pencils. and the best part was that when I opened my wallet to see what change I had….two dimes and a penny was all I had. PERFECT!

• Lonnette says:

The manager at the local OfficeMax allowed me to get the limit for everyone in my party(myself and 3 school-age children). I just had to complete separate tranactions. 8 Schoolio 24 pk crayons, 8 packs of Dixon 10 ct pencils, and 6 wooden rulers for a total of 98 cents.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy