We went to ALDI and Kroger on Sunday night and got some great deals.
Note: If you missed my post on Why I’m Back to Grocery Shopping, Menu-Planning, and Freezer Cooking, be sure to read it here.
Our Grocery Budget
We currently budget $125 per week for groceries for our family of 5. This does not include eating out once a week (we budget separately for that).
We also get some of our expensive groceries and personal products (such as makeup) via Amazon using credit earned from Swagbucks + we get the majority of our household products (cleaners, toothpaste, detergent, etc.) via credit earned from Grove.
I only spent $100, which leaves me wiggle room to buy more markdowns at Kroger if I have time to swing by there later this week to see if they have some great markdowns. If I don’t have time or they don’t have good markdowns, I’ll roll over the extra $$ to next week.
Here’s what we bought:
ALDI Shopping Trip
- Kidney beans — $0.59
- Diced tomatoes — $0.59
- Frozen corn — $0.95
- Baby carrots — $0.99
- 1 bag chicken breasts — $5.49
- 2 loaves of wheat bread — $0.99 each
- 4 yogurts — $0.29 each
- Arizona Green tea — $0.74
- Cashew halves — $2.99
- Diced tomatoes with green chili — $0.59
- Mini cucumbers — $0.99
- Baby lettuce — $1.99
- Feta crumbles — $1.79
- Dried cranberries — $1.29
- Canned Broth — $0.49
- Maple syrup — $6.49
- 5 Nectarines — $0.35 each
- Tortilla chips — $1.19
- Blueberries — $1.49
- Peanut butter — $1.49
- 1 bag of oranges — $1.69
- Chocolate chips — $1.79
- 3 packages of corn on the cob — $0.99 each
- Bananas — $2.52
- Pears — $2.49
- Romaine hearts — $1.99 (got $0.25 back Checkout 51)
- Greek yogurt — $0.75
- Whole milk — $2.39
- Honey — $4.99
- Honey Nut Oats — $1.19
- Strawberry preserves — $1.49
- String cheese — $1.99
- Cheddar cheese — $1.69
- Tomatoes — $1.49
- Half & Half — $1.89
- 2 pair of girl’s shorts for $0.99 each — I was SO excited about this deal!
- Total with tax — $74.26 (Plus, I uploaded my receipt to Yaarlo & earned a little cashback for doing so. If you haven’t signed up with Yaarlo, use my coupon code CRYSTALP861 when you sign up to earn more.)
Kroger Shopping Trip
- 2 packages of bacon — $2.50 each
- 2 packages Applegate Peach Sausage — $3.79 each
- 2 packages ground pork — $3.49 each
- Eggs — reduced to $1.79
- Sub sandwich buns — marked down to $0.99
Total with tax: $24.03 (Plus, I uploaded my receipt to Yaarlo & earned a little cashback for doing so. If you haven’t signed up with Yaarlo, use my coupon code CRYSTALP861 when you sign up to earn more.)
This Week’s Menu Plan
Interested in what we’re eating this week? You can see our menu plan for this week here. I plan our menu based upon what we already have on hand, so I didn’t have to buy every single item needed to make everything on our menu.
Struggling with menu planning? Check out this post on How to Be a Meal Planning Mama.
How much did you spend on groceries this week? Tell us in the comments!