As you know, I am passionate about staying out of debt and living within your means and I think it’s especially encouraging to hear personal stories from people who are choosing to be counter-cultural and pay cash, instead of credit.
I’d like to start highlighting stories from you, my readers, right here on Money Saving Mom®!
Have you saved up and paid cash for something recently — like an appliance, furniture or a car? I’d love to hear your story! And your story might just end up as part of the new “We Paid Cash” feature we’re rolling out in the next few weeks.
To keep things fun, I’m going to say purchases made with a credit card (even paid in full), don’t count. My goal here is to highlight purchases that involved no borrowing of money at all!
Here are the submission guidelines:
- Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
- Include details about how you saved, how long it took, your favorite money-saving tips and any other unique information others might like to hear.
- Please limit your post to 500 words or less.
- Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- I’d love to have a relevant photo (of yourself, your family and/or the item you paid cash for) to include. Simply attach it to your submission email.
- Please make an effort to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ensure any links in your post are relevant and valid.
- Include a short bio (1-3 sentences) at the end of your post.
- Email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org with “We Paid Cash” in the subject line.
(These guidelines are not intended to stifle your creativity, but to streamline MoneySavingMom.com’s guest posting process. Submissions which closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published!)
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your post to be reviewed. Once your post has been reviewed, you will receive an email stating whether or not your post has been approved for publication. I plan to post one “We Paid Cash” story per week, so depending on how many accepted posts are in the queue, it may be several weeks before your post is published.
I look forward to being inspired!