Emily emailed in the following tip:
My family of 3 eats a 90-100% organic, non-GMO diet… and we spend about $250-300 per month on our homemade meals. After buying as much local foods as we can, and growing what we can in the spring/summer, we use coupons and watch for store deals.
Here are a few sites where I find coupons for natural & organic products:
The GreenBack’s Gal
Manufacturer’s websites (i.e. Enjoy Life, Stonyfield, Annie’s, San-J, Organic Valley, Horizon, Applegate, Simply Organic, Zevia)
Manufacturers Facebook pages (i.e. Maranatha, Green & Black’s)
We make our weekly menu, then our grocery list, and then we go online to see which manufacturers offer printable coupons. We also check sales ads on store websites, and then check all the other sites for possible coupons for things on our list.
It takes a little extra time at first, but once you develop your routine, it’s pretty quick, and definitely worth it. We have saved just under 50% on a large grocery trip by using coupons and sales.
Also, don’t forget to check clearance items at grocery stores, too. Sometimes things are marked way down because they’re almost at their expiration date, but are easily preserved.
Want Step-By-Step Help To Start Eating Healthier?
Looking for more ideas, practical tips, recipes, and step-by-step help to live a healthy lifestyle? Through midnight tonight (Monday, September 15, 2014), you can get The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle for just $29.97. This Bundle is packed with ebooks, e-courses, and some cool free bonuses.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll get for just $29.97:
- The Nourished Metabolism ebook — $30 value
- The Eczema Cure ebook — $29.95 value
- Natural Homestead ebook — $24.95
- All Natural Living: 75 Non-Toxic Recipes for Home & Beauty ebook — $2.99 value
- Kids Eat Real Food ebook — $16.99
- 7-Day Real Food Challenge — $19 value
- 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge — $15 value
- Whole Foods For the Everyday Cook — $6.99 value
- Allergy-Free Cooking — $20 value
- Fit 2 Be 5×5 e-Course — $10 value
- Essential Oils & Natural Health Online Course — $95 value
- FREE 4-month Online Yoga Class Course — $23.97 value
- FREE 3-month menu-planning service from Tradishen — $45 value
And much, much more! See all the contents of this bundle here (it’s over $1,000 value!).