12 Months to a Healthier You: Week 7 Check-in

12-Months-to-a-Healthier-You

Are you joining us for the 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge? If so, it’s Friday and guess what that means? It’s time for our weekly check-in to post our progress.

February’s Challenge:

We’re focusing on developing the habit of eating more fruits and veggies in February. I encourage you to set a simple and doable goal for exercise and to stick with it.

If you haven’t set your February Exercise Goal yet, be sure to do so and then leave a comment on this post telling us what your goal is.

New to this challenge? Read more details on the plan for this year here.

My Fruits/Veggie Intake Goal for February

My goal for February is to eat at least six big salads every week. I’m also hoping to keep up with January’s habit of doing P90X at least 4-5 times every week.

This Week’s Progress:

I hit my goal again this week of eating six big salads plus exercising 4 times — yay!

How Are YOU Doing?

Leave a comment telling us how you did on your exercise goals this past week. If you’re blogging about this challenge, leave the direct link to your blog post about the challenge below.

Are you on social media? You can also share your progress on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter by using hashtag #12MonthstoaHealthierYou.

Comments

1. Nancy says

This week I stayed on track–ate salads for lunch every day and went to the gym 3 times! Yay for me! Hoping to keep up the good work next week.

I am so excited! I ate a salad and an apple every day this week and I exercised 5 times.

This is a milestone for me.

3. Maria says

There was one nigh this week I had to eat a salad at 10pm! I did it, and I did my workout routine every day this week. I somehow managed to keep my goals, even through some very stressful situations.

Sounds like you had a great week. I missed one day this week to meet my goal but I’m going to do better this week. I’m stocked up on fruits and veggies so it should be a good week.

I did well this week. I ate a veggie and/or fruit with every meal this week except twice.

I really need to get back on track with the exercise. It slipped by the wayside this week, except for the short walks with the dog.

6. Cathy says

Still exercising consistently and proud of it. :)

I made improvement on the fruits and veggies. Two mornings when I was fixing eggs for breakfast, I first sauteed some veggies: mushrooms, spinach, and mixed bell pepper pieces and added them. Added some fruit to yogurt, ate strawberries for dessert several times, and these things were in addition to the normal salads and veggies with meals I would have had already.

7. Dacha says

This week I was very slowly getting back to normal & recovering from a horrible bout of flu. I still exercised : walked or did some pretty intensive yoga & water gymnastics once. So – proud of that! I adjusted my fruit- vegetables goal to eating at least one serving of these at each meal. I did pretty well – being more mindful of my choices, even during snacks. There were still maybe 3 meals maximum with no fruits or veggies. I’m thinking of buying a selection of frozen ready to cook veggies. Also I’ll eat more readily good quality fruit from farmers market…

I did much better on my 5-7 daily servings of veggies/fruit this week, but I didn’t get it done every day. My exercise goal is jogging on treadmill 30 min. (3x) and strength training 40 min. (2x) — I missed Monday’s strength training because I spent too much time finishing our taxes, but I’m giving myself grace because the taxes are done (another one of my goals for the month), and it was the first time in 5 weeks I missed a day of exercising.

Great job, everyone!

9. Renee says

I stayed committed to my 5 days of exercise this week. Still not so great with the fruits and veggies, better but not great. Do chocolate covered strawberries count?

Did well on my exercise goals – I got all five workouts in this week, one 25 minute workout and four 20 minute workouts. I even stepped it up, incorporating a higher level of cardio via my gold’s gym dance workout for the wii and increasing my cardio to three days this week, but keeping my yoga and balance exercises from wii fit which seem to be helping so much with my stress and headaches. I fell slightly short on my fruit/veggie goal of five a day, but I did get in at least four a day every day. My work schedule has made it difficult for me to stick to my meal plans, but I’m confident I can meet this goal next week!

11. Koree says

My goal is to meet with my three exercise buddies plus add a solo workout. I will consistently exercise 4x’s a week!!!

I haven’t worked out as much as I would like, mainly because I haven’t felt well. But I’m still eating better and taking a multi-vitamin (which I never do). I’m starting to make sure I have a fruit with breakfast, fruit or veggie at lunch and veggies with dinner so that I’m getting them from every meal. I have also switched to 6 small meals to help my stomach (digestive issues).

I’m starting the squat challenge this week with my husband. One day is 20 squats, next day 30 and keep going up. By the end of the 30 days I’ll be at like 200 plus. I found it on Pinterest and the people doing it have had amazing results.

13. Karen says

I ran my first 5K race this past Saturday! My goal was to finish in 30 minutes and I made it! So excited and can’t wait for my next race in May! Still working out 5 days a week in the morning and running 3x’s in the afternoons but I have developed “runners knee” and I am trying to figure out how to fix that. Still eating lots of veggies but not as much fruit as I try to not eat a lot of carbs even though fruit is a good carb! Plan to keep it all up as long as my 45 year old body will let me! ; )