This Week’s Menu Plan + One-Hour Freezer Cooking

Weekly Menu Plan

It’s freezing cold here this week… which is making me want to spend all day in the kitchen! :) Here’s our menu plan:

Breakfasts

Oatmeal, Cereal, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Lunch with friends — pizza, veggies, fruit
Mac & cheese, fruit
Snack-y lunch {veggies, cheese, yogurt, fruit, crackers, etc.}
PB&J, carrot sticks, apples
Cheese quesadillas, carrot sticks
Leftovers x 2

Snacks

Fruit/veggies
Popcorn
Boiled eggs
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

Freezer Cooking in an Hour (I’ll share more how this goes later on this week!)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins

Dinners

Slow Cooker Rice & Beans, fruit
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit
Dinner with extended family x 2
Cheesy Chicken & Potato Chowder, Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins, fruit
Dinner with friends
Dinner out

What’s on your menu this week? Tell us in the comments or leave a link to your menu plan post.

Comments

1. Linda says

What are the things mounted on the inside of the cabinet over the stove that look like they are holding spices? That’s what I need to relieve some of the congestion on the inside of my cabinets!

They are mounted spice racks. Love them — and they came built-in when we bought the house.

{And yes, I know I’m up responding to comments at a crazy late hour. I’m up with a sick child tonight. :(}

• Susan says

3M brand has some acrylic spice racks that are easily mounted on the inside of cabinet doors. They are the perfect size to hold 4 of the round bottles of McCormicks (or Spice Islands or the like) seasonings.

I found them at Fred Meyer (my local Kroger affiliate) in the hardware section with all the 3M picture-hanging stuff. I’ve also seen them at Walmart.

Looks like you have a lot of events with family and friends planned for the week, I love those kind of weeks. Oh and I see below that one of your kids is sick, I hope they feel better soon so you can enjoy your gatherings.

3. Lana says

I am trying to eat up bits and ends from the freezer to make room for holiday goodies. It is getting quite chilly here too. Time to pull out the soup pot! Hope everyone is well soon.

You had me at Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles! :)

I’m so sorry about your sick kiddo :( Hoping that they feel better soon and that the rest of you don’t get it!

I “Iron Chef-ed” it last night by throwing together the remaining things in the fridge before they went bad – and it became a chicken/rice/veggie stew/soup/casserole of sorts. :) At least everyone liked it! The rest of the week is a little more planned out:

Sausage/Sweet Potato Cowboy Skillet, Mexican Beans in the crockpot, Taco Soup, oatmeal, eggs, lots of veggies – kale chips, Brussels Sprouts, and Shauna Niequist’s Bacon-wrapped dates with warm apple cider for the events that I’m hosting at our house this week. (Her recipe is in Bread & Wine!)

This is fun! :)

Thanks for including my rice and beans dish. I hope your family enjoys them! What a blessing this blog is to those of us who live on less and give God the praise for all He has done!

I finally have breakfast down to a science and posted about our four meal rotation this week: http://teachinggoodeaters.blogspot.com/2013/11/update-whats-for-breakfast-two-years.html

Lunch is usually a cashew butter and jelly sandwich with fruit, though I bought some avocados so we’ll be having my son’s favorite “Guacaroni,” at least one time this week: http://teachinggoodeaters.blogspot.com/2012/09/guacroni-creamy-delicious-dairy-free.html

Dinners:
    Bunless turkey burgers, sweet potato fries and salad http://teachinggoodeaters.blogspot.com/2012/01/simply-best-bunless-turkey-or-chicken.html
    “Soupfest” at our church
    Stuffed Cabbage rolls
    Roasted chicken in crockpot (most likely with mexican seasoning, peppers and onions and corn tortillas)
    Pizza Pasta http://teachinggoodeaters.blogspot.com/2013/10/pizza-pasta-with-wheat-free-grain-free.html
    Dinner with Family x2