KinderMint: Clean out your kid’s closets and get paid for it!

Have some kid’s clothes you no longer need? Send them to KinderMint and get paid.

Have any of you used KinderMint before? One of my friends just did and it was the first I’d heard of this website before. I’d love to hear about your experiences!

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Comments

This sounds similar to thredUp, which I have done successfully. There are a few companies out there now that are doing this and I was paid directly into my PayPal. It is a good idea, especially if you have nice (no stains, name brand) kid clothing that you would like to sell. Takes a lot less time and effort than listing them on eBay or selling in a garage sale, and you make a decent profit.

2. Jessica W says

I haven’t used it, my children are too big. but if you sign up through Swagbucks you earn swag $

3. Rachel says

I went to this site but they only buy clothing up to size 8. My daughter is 14 now and Im looking to sell clothing from about size 10 up. Any ideas? I always store them for the garage sale Im never going to have and then just end up putting them in a donation box. Id love to make some extra Christmas cash so any help would be great. Thanks!

• Amie says

Rachel, this isn’t online, but if you have a Plato’s Closet anywhere near you, they specialize in name brand teen clothing. They’re a resale shop, so would offer you cash or store credit. Hope this helps!

4. Shelley says

Rachel, I sell my kids clothes at consignment sales. Look at Just Between Friends or many others. Also look for local consignment shops in your area that buy. Some of these stores will pay cash or give you store credit. It gets it immediately out of your closet! These places also buy toys!

5. Dana says

Has anyone actually used Kindermint? I would be interested to see if what Kindermint pays is any better than some of the used children clothing stores in my area? It seems that even the nicest, name brand outfits fetch only $2 or so.

Might still be better off with selling lots on ebay as I currently do.

• Ashley says

Hi Dana,

I sent in a bag on Oct 11, and still haven’t heard anything yet. I have to wait another week before I can file a complaint. I have done thredUP twice, and even though they took a few weeks to process my bag, it was still reassuring to see on their site that they did have my bag. I am still waiting for Kindermint to say that they have received the bag. But once (and if ) they ever do, I will try to update you on the money I receive for my items.

• Ashley says

Looks like I got a little worried for nothing. Everything went through today. I think they gave me about as much as Thredup – Not sure if you can see the grid I copied:

The Children’s Place 5/S Skirt Short Skirt Used $1.25
        YoungLand 18 Month Dress Short Dress NWT $2.75
        Oshkosh 18 Month Dress Short Dress Used $1.50
        Carters 24 Month T-Shirt Short Sleeve Used $1.00

5 items were not accepted though – possibly because they were 12 months??? But for donated items, you can request a tax receipt, which I plan on doing :) Hope that helps

6. Stephanie says

I’ve tried Kindermint once so far. Of the 18 items I sent (all name brand, and nearly new), they accepted 3. They do give more money than I get at my local consignment shop, but the items they didn’t accept, I either have to pay to have shipped back to me or they donate to charity. They didn’t tell me the reasoning behind their sorting process, so I have no idea why so many of my items were not accepted. I think it’s a lovely idea, but for me it’s easier to use local consignments, where the things that aren’t accepted can at least make it into next year’s yard sale.

7. Shay says

You have to pay a deposit first of $4.95, and if I don’t know what, if anything, I will recieve for my items then it seems like kind of a waste of time…