Swagbucks Paid for My College Textbooks
Today’s Swagbucks success story is from Holly:
From the time that I was very young, my mom made it a priority to teach my siblings and me to be frugal. So when I started working on my B.A. in 2012, I knew that I wanted to keep my expenses to a minimum. However, as anyone who’s gone through college will tell you, textbooks can quickly break the bank because of their outrageous prices.
I started college right about that same time that I started using Swagbucks, and I quickly realized that by earning and using Amazon gift cards, I could pay for my textbooks without having to pay any money out of pocket.
Here’s what I did:
- Made a concerted effort to take the daily poll, NOSO and the toolbar every day when I first got on to the computer for 4 easy Swagbucks.
- Used the Swagbucks search engine to look up websites and information that I needed online. Since it seemed like I was constantly having to look something up, I usually earned about 20 or 30 Swagbucks every day from that.
- Got several friends and family members to sign up and was able to earn referral points from their earnings.
- Turn on Swagbucks TV with my speakers muted and allow the videos to play without becoming a distraction.
- Take surveys when they were available (this is the way I’ve earned the most Swagbucks).
Using Amazon.com, I could shop around for the best prices on textbooks, usually used, and buy them for considerably less than the average student would pay going into a college bookstore. Over the course of a year, I was able to pay for almost all of my textbooks — 32 courses’ worth — without having to spend any money out of pocket!
Once I completed the course, I then sold my books and, in some cases, was able to make a small profit. Once I finish college, I’ll look forward to putting my Swagbucks gift cards to good use in other areas.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!
PREVIOUS POST: My 9-year-old Paid Cash for Air Jordans
NEXT POST: Free Homeschool Curriculum & Resources