Bethany’s Target Trip: 7 items for just $1.41 total!

Bethany sent me a picture of her Target trip and I thought some of you would like to see what she got:

2 Sweet Corn at $0.50 each — used $1/1 Mobile coupon = FREE
2.06 lbs. bananas at $0.49/lb. — used $1/1 Mobile coupon = $0.01
1 Bird’s Eye Frozen Rice at $1.27 — used $1/1 Mobile coupon = $0.27
1 Market Pantry loaf of bread at $1.29 — used $1/1 Mobile coupon = $0.29
1 Market Pantry Bagels at $1.34 — used $1/1 Mobile coupon = $0.34
2 Coffee-Mate at $1.50 each — used 2 $0.75/1 coupons and $1/2 Target coupon= $0.25 each
Total: $1.41!

I’m hoping to make a trip to Target tonight and will be sure to let you know what I get!

Comments

• Jessica says

Yes, if you can receive texts on your phone, you just type in the web link you receive in the Target text message on your computer and print out the pages. Then take the paper in with you (usually several pages) and have the cashier scan the barcode that printed out. I don’t have a smartphone either.

Way to go Bethany! You did good! I haven’t shopped at Target lately because their deals are usually gone, or not worth the trip. Hope your weekend is wonderful~

2. Jennifer says

Great job! I love Target and have made our local Super Target our main stop for grocery shopping! Between the mobile coupons, manufacturer coupons, Target coupons and my red card…I can save a lot!

3. SMS says

What is a Mobile coupon? Unfortunately nearest Target is a 1 1/2 ride so not worth the drive.

• Sakura says

You register your mobile number and agree to receive text messages with a link to your coupons. I think they do it monthly, not sure. I signed up for it but haven’t used them yet.

• SMS says

So us land line people are not allowed to play this game. Bummer. I don’t want a cell. The cost of one would not be worth the coupon savings I could get around here. Had a little Tracfone until I lost it. Hated that people thought I should be glued to it. Much prefer my land-line to screen an leave a message.

• Sakura says

You could always call and ask. I don’t have the answer to that. We don’t have a LAN line, I travel for business and switched everything over to mobile devices for the family. Sorry. I will say that I noticed some of the coupons that come up on the mobile are on the Target coupon website, I didn’t check them all but it seems to duplicate what is already available to print somewhat. Hope this helps.

4. Lizzie says

Thank You! I will be doing this today!
    How did you find out about the mobile coupons? How do you know what words to text to 827438?? :-)

• Monica says

Type the word FRESH and you’ll receive a set of mobile coupons. Then text the word SPRING and also receive another set of mobile coupons. That easy! =)

• C.Holmes says

I found out about them through the Totally Target website. I’m not sure how people there discovered them. Maybe the weekly ad? Not sure.

5. Kim says

They texted me back. How do I open the text? It says to click on something, but there’s no cursor to move, so I can click on it.

• Kim says

Thanks Jen. Before I saw your message, I went to Target & asked. Customer service couldn’t get it to work on my Straight Talk E71 phone either. I came home, typed the link in my pc’s browser, then printed the coupons & went back to Target. I got 5 bananas, 2 cukes, 1 box pasta, 1 lb frozen California Blend, & 1 lb ground beef for $2.70. I’ll try calling Straight Talk customer service for help with the phone next week. Have a great weekend! :)

• Jen says

Awesome deal, Kim! I’m glad it worked and you were able to get the coupons. I don’t have a smart phone, so I figured how to get the coupons a while ago. :)

6. kristi h says

I jut ran out and did this deal! Except I got a couple different things since (sald instead of corn and another rice instead of bagels) since the coupons are pretty broad. Didn’t get the creamer since we don’t drink much coffee. Paid 88¢!! The girl who rang me up thought it was a mistake at first! Haha! Thanks so much for posting this!

7. Monica says

I was just at Target yesterday and two days prior. No rush, hopefully I’ll pick up these deals on Monday.

8. deidre says

I used these coupons yesterday and my boyfriend used them today, so many good deals! We were able to get eggs for $.49, butter for around $1, bread for $.29, free corn on the cob, cheap potatoes, a huge bag of pork potstickers for $2. Hopefully others found some great deals too :)

I went to Target tonight with some printable Target coupons & the mobile coupons. I didn’t do as well since not all the coupons came off my purchase correctly. It just tells you the total of the mobile coupons & not which items that they are for so you cant tell which coupon was missed. Next time I use the mobile coupons I will separate that purchase to help keep track the savings. I also used my red card debit card for 5% additional savings. I did save $7.00 on my mobile coupons so thanks for the savings tip…..

10. C.Holmes says

I am in love with the Target mobile coupons after this week. I had yet to try them but this week I had to give it a try. My order was pricier because we got oranges, strawberries, bagged salad, some pricier bread etc with the mobile coupons but even still I paid $69 for $159 worth of groceries and got the things that we needed/like best. My daughter was thrilled that she got to pick out boxes of the Outshine Popsicles. I especially loved the 20% an infant item Target printable this week. I used it to pick up the Diaper Genie refills that were on sale for $6.00 this week for $4.80. These hardly ever come on sale this cheap and I have never gotten a coupon for one of these before.