Apple Butter Muffins

Apple Butter Muffins

I found this Oatmeal Applesauce Muffin recipe online recently and knew I had to try it. Since I was out of applesauce, I used apple butter.

I tweaked a few other things and wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but we ended up loving these. I froze some of them and reheated them today and they were still delicious.

If you don’t have apple butter on hand, I’m sure you could use applesauce. But we thought the apple butter gave these a rich flavor.

Comments

1. katie says

when I click on the link for the apple butter I get a rewards survey page. Is it posted somewhere else?

2. Callie says

Is there supposed to be a link to the apple butter recipe? There doesn’t seem to be a link in the parentheses. These look delicious!

3. Amy R. says

I have a dummy question…What is raw sugar, and is there anything I can sub for it since I have the rest of these ingredients on hand right now and these sound delish!!

4. Jennifer B. says

Does anyone know if it matters if you add the wet ingredients to the dry (as Crystal directs) or vice versa? I’ve always added dry to the wet a little at a time. Does it result in a different texture or anything?

You can do it like that. Usually why they have you mix the dry ingredients together first is so that you don’t get clumps of baking soda or baking powder. Or at least I *think* that’s the main reason. I could be wrong.

5. Blaire says

just made these and they are amazing! i doubled the recipe, and ate two of them as dessert! so easy and so good!

6. melissa says

Made your easy whole wheat muffins tonight. Yum yum! (P.S. It helps if you add the baking soda BEFORE you put them in the muffin tins and bake them for 5 minutes.) : ) I totally forgot, but mixed a little in to each muffin partway through baking and they were delish. Can’t wait to try them again… and this time do it the right way.

This recipe looks like another keeper! Thanks! Keep ‘em coming!

• Jennifer B. says

Good save! I once made boxed blueberry muffins and forgot to use the can of blueberries. I tried to mix a bit of the blueberries into each of the muffin cups like you did with the baking soda.

7. Kassandra says

The kids began a few days off with mid-winter break today, and we’re all relaxing–I’m enjoying Pinterest while they enjoy Doc McStuffins. I found this recipe using apple butter (an ingredient I have yet never know what to do with it), and decided to try it right away. So easy! Smells delicious in the oven right now! I love the perk of knowing it can be frozen, too. Thank you!

If you’re watching your calorie intake, I’d suggest sticking with the original recipe as it was really low-cal and looked like it would still be pretty good.

8. Margarita says

I am going to try this but I am going to experiment with almond flour, and then if it does not turn out to well try some other flour. We are trying to watch the starch. Thank you for the recipe, I am not a fan of changing things really, but we have realized for our family starch and sugar (processed) makes us feel bad. So yeah probably will substitute the sugar, crossing fingers. These sound delicious!

9. Daphne says

Regarding the apple butter recipe, how much apple butter does this make? I might want to reduce the amount in case it’s not a hit with the family. TIA!

10. Tracy says

I’m sure these taste wonderful with apple butter as a substitute but…..in case you find yourself out of applesauce for a recipe..just take a whole apple (core removed) and place it in the blender or food processor until it is mush. I then just add it to the recipe. You can’t tell the difference. I always have apples around and hate to buy the sauce just for a recipe. I always leave the peels on for the extra goodness but you can peel them if you like.

11. Anne says

Made these this morning with the tail-end of a jar of apple butter I made in the fall. These muffins are deadly delicious and moist. I’m looking forward to pulling these out of the freezer for breakfast! Thanks for a great recipe.