Please DON’T Buy My Book! (one author’s plea)
Guest post from Tricia of TriciaGoyer.com
I’m an author, and I love readers (of course!). I get excited when I know someone out there is so engrossed in one of my novels that she misses sleep. However, I also love when readers don’t buy my books.
Do you have an author you love? Instead of buying the book ask your local library to purchase a copy… or two.
Here’s why I love my readers turn to their local libraries to get my books:
1. If the library has it, then checking it out tells the librarian it’s good. This means the library orders the next one I write.
2. If the library doesn’t have it, you can ask the librarian to order it. Most libraries have a system for recommendations. Libraries have a budget for books, and they are happy to oblige.
3. When you request a book it gets put on the shelf and others pick it up. If they read it—and love it—that means more fans for me!
4. And if you read a book that you really enjoyed, let your librarian know! Librarians are one of the greatest resources on the planet. They get asked daily for recommendations. If you have an author you love, spread the word.
5. Finally, when you’re talking to that librarian make sure you thank her (or him!) for buying all those books so you don’t have to! Just think of all the thousands of resources and literary adventures available to all of us for FREE!
How often do you frequent your local library?
Subscribe for free email updates and be entered to win $100!