Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
It’s Pumpkin Week here and we’re starting things off with this new-to-us Pumpkin Oatmeal recipe. It was very simple to make — and it was very filling, too. Best of all, it is packed with lots of nutrition… the perfect way to start off a crisp fall morning.
The original recipe just made one serving, but it can be easily adapted for a larger crowd by tripling, quadrupling it — or multiplying it by even more.
Here’s how I tweaked the original recipe:
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal For One
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole milk (can also use skim, almond, or rice milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmug
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup
Mix oats, milk, water, and spices together in a small saucepan on the stove. Bring to slow simmer. Stir in the pumpkin and cook until done, approximately 3-4 minutes.
Sprinkle with sugar or drizzle with honey or maple syrup and serve warm with milk.
Serves 1. Recipe slightly adapted from Peak 313.
What are your favorite creative twists on regular oatmeal? I’d love to hear!
Other posts in the A Week of Pumpkin Recipes series
- Coming next week... Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin!
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 4 Pumpkin Recipes You Should Try
- Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
- 7-Layer Pumpkin Magic Bars
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Frappe
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Subscribe for free email updates and be entered to win $100!
NEXT POST: Frugal Weirdos Unite