Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

It’s Pumpkin Week here and we’re starting things off with this new-to-us Pumpkin Oatmeal recipe. It was very simple to make — and it was very filling, too. Best of all, it is packed with lots of nutrition… the perfect way to start off a crisp fall morning.

The original recipe just made one serving, but it can be easily adapted for a larger crowd by tripling, quadrupling it — or multiplying it by even more.

Here’s how I tweaked the original recipe:

What are your favorite creative twists on regular oatmeal? I’d love to hear!

Comments

Came back to say that I made this yummy oatmeal this morning. I tried some with and without agave syrup. I liked it better plain. Next time, I going to add in a handful of raisins. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!

1. Stacie N. says

I made this this morning and neither of my kids liked it. (I also thought it didn’t have much flavor.) Did you have better success at your home?

2. Joanna says

We make a similar recipe, with the addition of a big spoonful of peanut butter stirred in at the end. It’s a fall favorite at our house!

• Jennifer says

I love the idea of adding peanut butter. I have to have protein in my breakfast so this may work… :)

3. Carrie says

sounds delicious! I want to try this. To the above poster that their version turned out bland, try adding a pinch of salt. I’ve found it adds a lot of flavor to oatmeal.

This sounds delicious!! My favorite oatmeal addition is peanut butter. It melts so nicely into the oatmeal…yum!!

5. Melissa says

Overnight refrigerator oatmeal. I haven’t tried the ones ones floating around on Pinterest, but I have a Sue Gregg recipe for it with milk and berries, applesauce, vanilla and nuts. It is strangely pretty good, though some of our kids are still accepting it.

Otherwise, lots of cinnamon and some honey and walnuts make good oatmeal.

6. kathy says

This is a bit of a twist to the subject but when I want a quick super good bowl of oats, I pour some frosted mini wheats cereal with milk into a microwave bowl and microwave until creamy and stir. No additions needed and it’s aAwesome.
    Also we like corn meal mush.( corn meal,water, salt cooked until creamy.Add sugar and milk and butter as desired.

We will try this! ……with almond milk. I have my big can of pumpkin all ready just for your series. :) And I popped it open to play around with pumpkin lattes today. MmmM!

8. Kara says

I mash part of a banana in the bottom of a bowl, then add the oatmeal and mix it up. Then I add either a little brown sugar or honey and topp it off with just a dash of milk on the top. My kids love it!

9. Tracy Elliott says

Well, I just finished my bowl of oatmeal. I deviated from the recipe, though, because I had some leftover Sweet Potato Mash in the fridge. So I had Sweet Potato Pie Oatmeal with chopped pecans mixed in. Holy Moly, was it good!!

I’ve also taken slices of leftover pie (pumpkin and pecan) and stirred them into oatmeal. The crust disappears into the oatmeal and the filling makes the oatmeal into a real treat!

11. Sue Bryant says

I was excited to try the Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, as we love oatmeal anyway, and I’m always looking for variations! I added some raisins, and it was almost a dessert. I will share the recipe with my Bible Study ladies next week!! Thanks so much!