Kroger: Buy 5 Betty Crocker products, Get $5 catalina = $5 money-maker!

Kroger stores (and affiliates) are running a hot Betty Crocker deal right now: Buy 5 Betty Crocker products, Get a $5 catalina. There are so many different ways you can work this deal to make things almost-free, free, or even a money-maker after coupons and catalina!

Plus, you can roll this deal — meaning you can use the catalinas earned on one transaction to pay for another transaction earning you more catalinas. This can significantly lower your out-of-pocket costs! (Note: Catalinas are just a fancy name we couponers use for the register tape print-out that you can use like cash on your next purchase.)

$0.50 off two Betty Crocker boxed Potatoes

Here’s a hot moneymaker you can do:

Buy 10 boxes of Betty Crocker Boxed Potatoes at $1 per box
Use 5 $0.50/2 Betty Crocker potato coupons available here or from the 09/09 SmartSource or 10/02 General Mills insert (will double to $1 off if your Kroger store doubles coupons)
Spend $5 plus tax out of pocket, Get two $5 catalinas back = $5 moneymaker

See more deals & coupon match-ups for this deal over on Passionate Penny Pincher.

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Comments

1. Jessica says

I tried this deal this morning in Columbus OH and the catalinas did not print. I had to go to customer service and they gave me the difference on a giftcard.

2. Kathy says

I have a Kroger that triples fifty cents and under. I have to drive to far to take a chance that this won’t work or they would be out. I would make a lot off this one if I did it.

3. cheryl says

My Kroger is getting rediculous with there coupon policy. They will only accept 2 like coupons, and they even went so far as to not allow me to use 2 Hormel chili coupons and 2 Spam coupons because they are from the same manufacturer, even though they are totally different products. And she even gave me a hard time that I printed my coupons on scrap paper and there was writing on the back side.
    I understand they need to keep people from using too many but please, I’m not using 20 like coupons. They are driving me to shop at another store.

• Amie says

That is terrible. I am so fortunate to have a great Kroger. They don’t limit IPs and will correct any issues at customer service. Personally, I don’t understand why a store would advertise sales of 10/$10 and not expect people to purchase large quantities and use coupons to match.

4. janet says

Went to FM today and the cats. did not print. Checked their cat. list and I don’t see this deal on the cat. list for FM stores…please advise! Thank you for any help

Where do you look for a list of Catalinas? I shop at Ralphs and catalinas are never advertised in the sales flyer. Every once in awhile I’ll receive a printout that will advertise one (like today I got an ad for a Post cereal catalina), and sometimes I’ll get a *surprise* catalina that I wasn’t expecting (last week I got a $2 one for buying yogurt). It would be nice to know ahead of time if there are any available for my store.

5. Amie says

This deal worked at my Kroger. They don’t limit IPs. The catalinas that printed had a week long expiration date so you may want to plan to do a few transactions and use them. There are lots of great deals with this sale. I bought 5 Totinos pizzas at $1.25 each and used $1 off ecoupon, $1 off savingstar coupon, will get $5 rebate (look for specially marked packages), and got the $5 OYNO coupon. So it was a $5.75 MM. The Old El Paso tortillas and BC cake mixes are just $1.25 each so it is like .25 after the catalina. The BC Macaroni and Cheese were also 10/$10 – so free after catalina. General Mills cereals for $2.50 each, minus .50 coupon that doubles and it is like .50 per box after catalina. I like to cook from scratch, but I am happy to pick up things for super-cheap or free that I can mix in for convenience. This sale was just what I needed after eating down my stockpile.

• LAnn says

My Kroger here in Cincinnati limits coupons to a maximum of 4 per product, so I couldn’t use 5 as illustrated in your example. They don’t care if the 4 are IP or Sunday paper coupons. I could purchase 4 of the BC potatoes with 4 coupons and just purchase the 5th one outright.

I recently wrote to Chex Mix complaining about a certain bag I had bought, and they sent me numerous high value coupons. When I was preparing my shopping list last weekend, I realized that the coupons were not just for Chex Mix, but for any General Mills coupons! I had also received a coupon from Kroger for a free box of Nature Valley Granola Bars because I buy them so often. Add in a $0.50/1 Old El Paso coupon and I spent only a few dollars out of pocket and received my catalina! So don’t be afraid to contact companies when you have a complaint or even a praise–you never know how it might play out!

7. karen says

I live near Dayton, OH & didn’t see this deal in my ad. Is it regional. How do I find out if it’s in my area?